News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Lifelike 2-8-8-2 remotor

Started by Gord, October 27, 2019, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gord

I need to remotor my first-run Lifelike Mallet. Help, please. Love this engine, but motor seized up.

James in FL

Not a moderator here, no better than anyone else. :'(
Just say'n
Bachmann created this forum so the end users of Bachmann products could network between themselves.
They are sometimes tolerant of members posting about other manufactures product, and understandably so, sometimes not so much,
Especially, if it has nothing to do with Bachmann product.
I would suggest posting your "Lifelike" question on a more "N" scale specific forum, where questions about all manufacturers N scale product are more welcome. (Not manufacturer sponsored sites).
You will surley get more replies.
Your post borders on the edge of delete.
Don't ask me how I know.
Good luck
Maybe see you around.

Gord

Sorry and thanks. I'll try another site.

NscaleNut

Try contacting Atlas customer service.  They bought the lifelike stuff in 2018(?)...

They may be able to help you.

https://brooklynlocomotiveworks.com/ll-2882.htm
These guys also have some experience and or knowledge, as I gather from my extensive knowledge of Google-Fu.

Sorry you were dealt with so harshly above.  I have a deep attachment to certain Bachmann N Scale stuff, So I can gather your attachment to your engine...  Albeit from an inferior and unworthy company ;)

Come at me bro... 
... I yearn for moderation.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
If anyone has a solution, feel free to chime in.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

bnoem1

Without opening my engine up and just looking at the Spookshow site, it looks like the motor might be a Mashima open frame motor.  I would measure the length, width, and height of the motor.  It is a "flat sided" motor so, it might be replaceable with a "flat can" motor.  Flat can motors are usually a better motor.  There are a lot of sources for these, just be sure you are getting a motor with the double shaft and that the shaft is the correct size diameter (1.5 mm or 1 mm).  Try Northwest Shortline or other sources.  Also look for one with similar voltage max. - about 12 v. DC.  You can go lower, but not much.  Are you running the loco on DCC?

plas man

worth joining ... https://www.nscale.net/forums/forum.php
covers all N scale  from playing trains to rivet counters  ;D

ST