One More Update: N Scale Thomas

Started by InsideTrack, October 28, 2019, 02:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsideTrack

Here's a look at our unpainted sample of the N Scale Thomas the Tank Engineā„¢ coming in 2020:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4LAs4iHkFO/

Sodor Engineer

"It's Thomas!"
    man that looks amazing now seeing that makes my want one keep up the good work Bachmann well done.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

TrainFan97

Anytime now, we should get a look at the final versions of the products. We're almost there.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Rodimus Supreme

They look cool, but is it just me or are Annie and Clarabel a little...large?

Kemptown Branch

Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on November 01, 2019, 09:02:17 PM
They are, but that's how they are in the current show, so it's technically accurate, even though it's not ideal.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: TrainMan2001 on November 01, 2019, 11:12:55 PM
Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on November 01, 2019, 09:02:17 PM
They are, but that's how they are in the current show, so it's technically accurate, even though it's not ideal.
It's still kind of dumb. The HO and Large Scale versions aren't that big, these really should not have been this big either.

Angelob6660

I don't notice that the coaches reached and matched the roof of thomas. That looks more ideal than shorter coaches at his coal bunker.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Rodimus Supreme

It's not just height. They're egregiously large compared to Thomas.

Angelob6660

Maybe the length of the coaches are from a bad angle making them large.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: Angelob6660 on November 04, 2019, 12:23:42 AM
Maybe the length of the coaches are from a bad angle making them large.
The video showing off Annie and Clarabel specifically also show them as being huge.

Sodor Engineer

I think it's strange that Bachmann have made Annie and Claribel a little bit to big and hey they are still not finished but I don't really mind as long as they look like Annie and Claribel in N scale.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

TheHighwayStar

Hate to bump a thread this old, but has Bachmann confirmed/denied that they may have acquired any toolings from Tomy for their N scale line?

TTL

I think it's pretty obvious from the tooling and chassises that they haven't
Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

JLK2707

It's possible that they just could have.

Kemptown Branch

Quote from: JLK2707 on February 08, 2020, 06:52:06 PM
It's possible that they just could have.
They didn't because the Tomix and Bachmann model's are built to different scales.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.