News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Parts for NW-2 SWITCHER - DCC

Started by Roger V, October 30, 2019, 07:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger V

Hi, any idea when parts will be available for the NW-2 SWITCHER - DCC?  I need a replacement bogie (or perhaps I should say truck?).  Thank you

Roger V

As far as I can tell (I've been checking the spare parts section regularly for over a year) the NW-2 SWITCHER has never been listed in the parts section of the website.

Maletrain

There are several recent Bachmann models that have  never had parts listed for sale by Bachmann on their site.  There have even been questions on this forum asking when parts for those new models would be listed on the Bachmann site, but "The Bach Man" has never answered those questions.  So, apparently, whoever is the designated "Bach Man" is either not told or not allowed to tell us which of their products will or will not eventually have parts sold separately.

If you are one of the unlucky ones with products that have no spare parts listed, I suggest that you call Bachmann's repair facility on the telephone and ask them if they can repair the item or maybe send you the parts.  I have had some luck doing that. As their website says:
"Bachmann's Service Department is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm (All Times Eastern). Customer Service for all scales can be reached toll free by US and Canadian customers at 800-356-3910 or Fax at 215-554-6734. Customers from all other countries should call [Exit Code]-1-215-533-1600."

Roger V

Thank you, I'm in Australia, I've tried emailing the service team several times, but they have not been able to help, basically they don't know when parts will be available.  This makes sense from your explanation too, they simply don't have the information.  Thanks for your help, I'll find a time and try calling them.