News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Side door caboose

Started by Terry Toenges, October 31, 2019, 01:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

I just happened to see a picture of Bachmann's On30 side door caboose. I know I'm getting old because I didn't remember Bachmann even making them. I guess I slept through that phase. I'd really like to have one now. Are there any plans to make them again? The only one I could find for sale on line is a yellow one in India for $13,999 rupees. I don't really want yellow.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

Thank Ton.
This is in the details on the item:
"Where do you post from?
This item dispatched from Southampton, United Kingdom.
Do you offer international postage?
This seller doesn't offer international postage."
I sent him a question and asked anyway if he would send to US.
The one in India for 13,999 rupees translates to about $200 in US.
It's one of those things that would nice to have but I don't need it for that much money.
Feel like a Mogul.

WoundedBear

Terry....

Mount Blue for one, has some conversion kits. Build your own.

http://mountbluemodelco.com/products.htm

Sid

Terry Toenges

I put a bid on the Ebay one. When I asked, he said he could ship it to me.
He said: "Yes I can. I stopped using the global shipping programme as I couldn't give postage discount for multiple purchases."
Mount Blue's 18' 4 window and side door one (#28w) looks pretty good. I'd still have to buy trucks and couplers.
They have an 18' side door drover's caboose (#28-f) with 3 windows and side door,
They have others which fit Bachmann's caboose chassis. Bachmann's cabeese are about 18'.
I still like the look of Bachmann's better because the windows are smaller and Bachmann's side door caboose looks like it is based on their freight car chassis.
If I get it I get it. It's no big deal. It was just something that caught my eye. I already have the standard center cupola and end cupola Bachmann ones anyway.
Feel like a Mogul.