News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N scale ez track turnout

Started by Jimh97cobra, October 31, 2019, 03:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimh97cobra

I've purchased extract turnout #44861 today. I just noticed the back of the package says "not recommended for DCC operation". Is there some way to modify the turnout or am I screwed?

Trainman203

I'd lose track counting the ways I've been "screwed" over years buying something I hadn't researched well.  It's part of the learning process.  Sooner or later someone will want that switch.

Jimh97cobra

There must be a solution. I can't believe n scale people usingDCC and eztrack don't use switches on their layout.

Len

If it's the newer package with 'Bachmann' spelled out in yellow, it should work fine in a DCC layout. But (always the but) you will need a 16V AC or DC power supply to provide power to the turnout controller. Which is what the warning is about, as most DCC systems do not have an accessory power output.

Note: If you're looking on line for additional turnouts, avoide the old packages with 'Bachmann' in black. They had a lot of problems with the points.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Jimh97cobra

Thanks for the reply. I do have the newer turn off with the yellow Buckman on it. I will have to test things and make sure it works.

The instructions on the back of the package or not very clear.