News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Christmas at the Dundalk Historical Society

Started by bbmiroku, November 02, 2019, 12:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmiroku

Track finally went a little wonky this past Sunday evening.  Been waiting for this to happen.  Train would slow down at a certain point then pick up speed.  After the Society closed one evening, I got up on the layout and looked at the track (because of course the slowy section is 4' back... Why would it be in the front?).  It was practically black!

Went home and got my little TrackBrite eraser doodad and came back.  Lightly ran it along the tracks until they were nice and shiny again and ran the train...

Nailed it.

Come on and see us some time!  We're in Dundalk, Baltimore, Maryland.  Center Pl. and Dundalk Ave.

jonathan

Hard to get away this time of year. However, I did enjoy the photos. You built a lot o layout in very little time. Enjoyed it. Thanks for letting us in on your efforts.

Regards,

Jonathan

Len

Drilled a hole through the middle of one of these:
https://www.micromark.com/Bright-Bar-240-Grit

Then fastened it to the end of a wood push broom handle with a #8 x 1-1/4" self drilling modified truss head lathe screw.

Has a bit more reach than the 'track cleaners on a stick' from Micro-Mark, and saves a lot of crawling around on the table tops of the display layout I maintain for the shopping center.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

bbmiroku

Thanks all.  "My" section of next year's layout will be even bigger. Someone donated some Rivarossi (AHM) Santa Fe long passenger cars and a combine, so I'll change out the couplers to McHenrys (sorry Bachmann, but they work in Rivarossis better than EZMates) and switch the couplers on an old Bachmann B-Unit to put it behind the A Unit that runs well, and run that on a double loop...
Well, that's the plan, anyway.  When I settle on a definite track plan, I'll upload the screenshots.