News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC for Non DCC Locomotives

Started by MountainGuyz, November 03, 2019, 08:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainGuyz

Greetings and apologies up front if this message and question is a repeat.  I'm a bit new to the "digital age" of model railroading...
I am searching for a site or information confirming the ability to transition DC locomotive to DCC.  My locomotives are not "rare" or "collector" level. 
From a site called TroveStar, I found the detail information on my current Locomotives:

#1  --  Sante fe 353 :  N Scale - Bachmann - 4672 - Locomotive, Diesel, GE U36B - Santa Fe - 353 || The Engine type (?) is U36B 
#2 --  Chessie Systems C&O 7071 - Bachmann Diesel Engine F9 (A&B)

I am not sure what other information is required.  As said above, I am considering a move to DCC.  The main determining factor is the amount of detail required to convert (if even possible). 

Also, if anyone has recommendations on entry level, "KISS" (keep it simple s...) DCC equipment for a growing enthusiast, let me know.   

Thank you in advance

Mountain Guyz.

Nathan

DMJ-Oregon

I may be somewhat in the same quandry.  Just received my first train - Empire Builder Set - and have ordered another locomotive - Steam Light Mountain 4-8-2, as I wanted some sound. Plan to only operate one engine at a time, and will change out from time to time.  Will I need some additional controller?