News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC help needed

Started by farmerkev, December 20, 2007, 09:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmerkev

Hi everyone, I am a memberover at the Guage forum and was told to come here for help.
I have two Athearn SD45T-2 locos and just got two decoders for them, Digitrax DH163AT, and DH123AT, I wanted to of the same but did not think it would make a difference.
The two locos now have different operating and start speeds in relation to the controll knob on my DCC system.
I want to MU the locos but it is impossible with the speed, I was told to reprogram the CV's and that my EZ-Command DCC system was not capable of this, what do I do?

grumpy

You cannot reprogramme your decoder with EZ Command.Take your loco's over to the hobby shop you bought them at and have them adjust the speeds on their track . Either that or get a friend to do it.
Don

farmerkev

Sounds good! thanks for the help. hobbyshop has no DCC track, but if I have somebody do it, what exactly do I have done and how?  I dont know too much about dcc and even less about programing.

railbuffintx78559

Quick question:  Did you check to see if the locomotive run at the same speed without a decoder?  If not, then the decoder difference is not an issue.  The only difference between the two decoders is that one is six-function and the other is 2-function.  For speed, direction, and lighting, you need three functions or more.  http://www.digitrax.com is a great webste and on there you can find out exactly how to program the locomotives to run at the same speed.  I recommend purchasing the Digitrax Zephyr DCC starter kit.    The manual takes you step by step in programming the different CVs.  I hope this helps.