News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

White Pass 'Anniversary' 4-6-0 Loco

Started by breasly, December 20, 2007, 11:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breasly

Can anyone confirm if the White Pass 'Anniversary' Loco was ever issued in a starter set such as Item 90059.

I have purchased a loco, seller claims it is from set 90059 but definitely 'Anniversary' loco.

Loco Bill Canelos

The Seller is correct.  Set 90059 White Pass & Yukon was the first NOT Christmas Starter set to have an anniversary 4-6-0.   It is listed in the 2007 Bachmann Catalog as a Limited Edition Set.   

The White Pass Annie Item 81096 has been around since 2000 and has been in every catalog since then.

Prior to this sets with Annie's have all been Christmas Sets.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Jon D. Miller

Bill is right on the money when it comes to the Annie being included in the White Pass Passenger Set # 90059.

There is also another set, Wonderland Flyer item #90047 catalogued this year that contains the Anniversary 10-Wheeler.

Some folks have a tendency to "shoot from the hip" giving out information that is incorrect.  A little research before posting would sure  make a difference in correct information being given.

Another example of this incorrect information has to do with the new 1:20.3 Spectrum tank cars.  In another fora one of the "experts" indicated that Bachmann would not allow dealers to sell these new tank cars even though they are in dealer stock.  This is totally wrong.  Again, it appears no research was done. 

Here's one of the new tank cars.  It was received from my dealer last Thursday.  My dealer has delivered six of these new tank cars since last week. 

So, it's probably best to come here to the Bachmann site to get information from either the Bach Man or folks that take a little time to research an answer before jumping on a site with just a guess.

Loco Bill is one of the sources that you can count on.  Bill has developed a plethora of information on Bachmann sets.  He has extensive documentation of Bachmann sets that goes back to the first Big Haulers that were introduced.

JD

Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

breasly

Thank you for the confirmation gentlemen.

Greatly appreciated.

grumpy

The loco in the set and the Anniversary set are not the same. I have both. The anniiversary loco has much more detail .The drive rods and connecting rods are much more detailed and are metal as opposed to plastic.
Don

Loco Bill Canelos

grumpy, which WPY set do you have?  The new WPY set has the Annie(90059) The number on the cab in this set is 14.  The original older WPY set (90095)had the older Big Hauler Standard 4-6-0 with the number 10.  I'm guessing you have the older set loco.  You can check the Bachmann Catalog and you will see the new set has the Annie.

Happy railroading!!!

Jon D. Miller

Grumpy

QuoteThere is also another set, Wonderland Flyer item #90047 catalogued this year that contains the Anniversary 10-Wheeler.

QuoteSome folks have a tendency to "shoot from the hip" giving out information that is incorrect.  A little research before posting would sure  make a difference in correct information being given.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

grumpy

If you look at the pictures posted on the Bachman website you will find the the side rods  of 90047 and 90059 do not have the side rod  detail that   the loco sold as the annivesary special has . The loco that I purchased as an annivesary special that I purchase about a year ago is a no.10 and the ones currently being sold are no. 10. Maybe Mr. BAchman can give us the story.
Don

the Bach-man

Dear Grumpy,
It's possible that the catalog photo has not been updated.
Merry Christmas!
the Bach-man

Loco Bill Canelos

Dear Grumpy,

The Anniversary Edition 4-6-0 were sold with either the very detailed Walcherts Valve gear, or the Modified simplified Stephenson Valve Gear, but both were Anniversary 4-6-0's with the metal siderods and highly detailed bodies.  The number 10 Annies have the detailed Walshearts valve gear,  while the latest Annie #14 in the set has the simplified Stevenson valve gear.  Both are metal and both are Annies. 

The link belows shows an actual set box 90059 with Loco #14 an Annie with the simplified Stephenson Valve gear.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bachmann-G-Gauge-White-Pass-Yukon-Set-With-Sound_W0QQitemZ170180207544QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170180207544

The one below shows the closeup of the #14 Annie striped from the set 90059.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BACHMANN-ANNIVERSARY-4-6-0-TRAIN-WHITE-PASS-90059-Loco_W0QQitemZ180197723630QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180197723630

The text shows this is an Annie.   

If you can send me a good full side photo of yours I will verify what it is. Please include the Bachmann item number from the original box.

There are many variation to the 4-6-0 some have the two window cab while others have the three window cab. 

I get a headache at times trying to figure it all out!!

Have a great Christmas.

rkern2196

I have the N Gauge White Pass loco and two passenger cars that I purchased two years ago at the gift shop while visiting Scagway. I wanted to add DCC but can not figure out how to get at the wiring inside. Is there somewhere I can find a diagram or some information on this?

Loco Bill Canelos

You posted this in the large scale forum rather than the n scale forum.  It would be best to move it over there!!

rkern2196

Right you are. I am new to the boards. I will post it under N guage. Thanks!!!!!