News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann N GE Dash 8-40cw

Started by kevincasey, November 27, 2019, 02:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevincasey

my DCC loco stopped communicating with the DCC controller... what's up? ...  I get sound from the engine, but no bells & whistles, and no movement either forward or backwards... the loco has Econami Sound Value...

DaveGard

Simple things first... have you got the loco selected by the correct loco ID number in your controller? Sounds dumb, I know, but more than once my controller has undergone a "hiccup," and suddenly my loco doesn't respond because the controller has "slipped" to a different (sometimes totally random) loco ID. can cause a bit of a panic if the loco is actually running, and needs to be stopped...

kevincasey

yes, the correct loco number was (is) selected... I was wondering if it possible to re-select the factory default setting of "3" to start again from the beginning, and go from there.. the loco number is "7369", and I have also re-enter that loco number into the DCC controller with no luck... the loco was working just fine, then all of a sudden it's stops working correctly...

plas man

to reset the decoder (bachmann EZ DCC system can not alter CV's) is ... CV8 set to 8
this will give factory settings .. loco address 3 .

kevincasey

re-setting the CV8 to equal 8 did not reset the loco to address '3'... is it possible something is wrong with the loco and it has to be fixed?