News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Track layout

Started by Dutch Kills, December 20, 2007, 11:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutch Kills

I would like to create a layout with a 10 foot curve (Radius). How can I do it with O gauge track?

Guilford Guy

Alex

Dutch Kills

Alex, thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try. Is o guage track in Flex produced?
Thanks

SteamGene

Dutch,
Are you Dutch or German by any chance?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Guilford Guy

Alex

Dutch Kills

Neither, my parents are from Greece. The civic association to which we belong is called the  "Dutch Kills Civic Association of Long Island City"
in Queens NY.

The area was settled by the Dutch in 1664. The word "kills" in Dutch means rivers or small streams, hence the name.

SteamGene

Okay.  I was just struck by the German sentence structure of your last sentence.  I think that the  structure is Dutch, too.  I thought maybe a translation problem caused the ten foot radius - which I agree is something else again for a model train layout.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Woody Elmore

Thus the name "Kill van Kull" in Staten Island or Great Kills, also in SI, where the remains of the WTC were taken.

I would definitely use Atlas flex track. Are you talking 10 foot diameter or 10 foot radius?

I've seen O Scale layouts with 72" radius track and that was impressive. I'd love to see 10 foot radius. Good luck with your project.

r.cprmier

Dutch;
Where are your parents from?  My Mom was from Salonika; my real father's family was from Drama.

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Mark Damien

Peco makes some O Gauge flextrack.

They make Bullhead as well as Flat bottom. Here are the Flat bottom codes.

I don't know what the availability or expense would be in your area, but at least it gives you a little more choice.

SL-700-FB      Flexi Track Code 143 “Flat bottom Rail”, Wooden Sleeper. 1 Yard.
SL-700-BH      Flexi Track Code 124 “Bullhead Rail”, Wooden Sleeper. 1 Yard

Merry Christmas
Even if the prototypes never existed, someone would have created Model Trains anyway.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Steams the Dream
Cheers.
Mark