News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann HO B&O Doodlebug

Started by Bill1938, December 04, 2019, 07:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill1938

Hello out there .  I just talked to the Bachmann parts Dept. looking for the part number H81409  power truck drive for my Doodlebug , only to hear item is discontinued and no type of replacement parts available . Anyone know where I can find parts to fix this little bug ?   

Bill

groovy

Bill : Can you post why you need this part. Need more information. I would like to help if I can.I also have a Doodlebug. Mine is dated 2001. I just happened to open the roof on mine to see if I can install a sound decoder. is anything wrong with the Power Truck ?.

Bill1938

Hello Groovy !
Lots of luck trying to put a sound board in a Doodlebug . first off I don't have a clue want year mine is ? what they call the power truck , is powered with a shorty drive shaft from the motor to pull the Bug . I took nine apart and found out the gears on the axel shaft have split and can no longer pull the Doodlebug . I hope this answers you question ?

WoundedBear

I would put an NWSL Stanton Drive repowering kit into it and be done with the factory problems. But there are other parts available also.

https://nwsl.com/search?q=bachmann+doodlebug

Sid

groovy

Thank you for your reply. My first thought was a gear problem. I also was going to mention NWSL after I received your reply. I also seen the link from WoundedBear. I have bought many items and gear upgrades from NWSL.i wasn't aware that they had replacement parts for the Doodlebug. I haven't been on there site for a long time, about a year or so. I had to get some upgrade replacement gears for my MDC roundhouse Shay's and gear replacements for my two and three truck Climax's. i hope you get your Doodlebug up and running soon. also have a happy holiday.