News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Captain Punjab

Started by MrNormalDraws, June 29, 2021, 04:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrNormalDraws

I don't think I see any threads about this person on the forums aside from a few mentions. But after seeing the gap between 2002 to 2005 from Bachmann's range, I thought on making this.

For those who don't know, Captain Punjab is a user on who made this fanmade Thomas series on Sodor Island Fansite at first, but then posted it on YouTube after the series ended in 2006. It was made using mostly the Bachmann Thomas range that was out at the time (which is Thomas, Percy, James, Annie and Clarabel) and did a comedic take of the characters. Now I don't know if there was another fan series that existed before, but as Diesel puts it "Very revolutionary" as it was the first one to made for the public back in the early days when the fandom was new. As I said in another post, I was aware of the Bachmann Thomas range, but didn't care or know much about it until I discovered SIF and that series in particular. It was kinda thanks to that I was kinda interested in that range. But it wasn't until much later in late 2007 that after seeing other similar series that were inspired by that guy that convinced me to buy some to get into the hobby.

So what happened to the guy? Well, the series was in a hiatus for a while until around 2012/2013 that there was gonna be another series that he made some music pieces and even showed a clip of a behind the scenes that he was planning to do, that was scrapped and the behind the scenes video was either removed or privated. The only evidence that was left is the music pieces he created. He is involved with something else, but when I mentioned it online, he told me to remove on what he worked on as he doesn't want me to ruin his reputation on bringing that series in attention to his current career. Still you have to credit him for help inspire many people to make their own fan series.

However, one question that still lingers into mind is this; do you think Captain Punjab may've help bring the Bachmann range more attention on making more models? Because between the time the line was launched and 2005, there were no new products for a while. Then 2005 happened and Bachmann announced new products, which is around the time Captain Punjab was working on the series. So I kinda wonder if someone at Bachmann saw his content and was motivated to make more products?

Cheeky_ULP

Bachmann Bojack Horseman when

Angelob6660

I'm sorry, but I never heard of this guy. After reading this yesterday I went to YouTube and check his channel. I didn't watch any of his 14 vids yet.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden