News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

USRA 0-6-0 steam locomotive

Started by widitter, December 09, 2019, 02:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widitter

I have an item number 50615 USRA 0-6-0 steam locomotive that runs reverse from all my other engines. if I place my direction switch to the right, the engine goes to the left. I am wondering if this can be changed? I run DC only, and the engine is only one to two years old.

jonathan

If your loco is that young, it's probably DCC equipped.  Most likely, the previous owner programmed the loco to run that direction.  You will have to find someone able to program in DCC to get the loco back to its original setting.

It is possible to remove the shell and reverse the wires, but if you aren't experienced in disassembling these locos, it will be very difficult.

Best I can say without examining in person.

Regards,

Jonathan

widitter

It is not DCC capable. And I haven't been able to figure out how to get it apart! I've see videos on how to take it apart, but haven't been able to. I'm sure I'll break it. Can I assume that the motor leads are soldered or have a contact with the frame to give the motor it's power?

Len

There should be a screw right at rear, going up into the bottom of the cab. Remove the screw and the shell should lift off. You might have to spread it a bit with some tooth picks. This will expose the wiring on the motor so you can unsolder the connections, swap the wires, and resolder the connections.

If there's no screw at the back of the cab, the screw between the front drivers is most likely what's holding the shell on.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.