Still working on my Lye, Stihl & Djheet layout.......

Started by WoundedBear, December 09, 2019, 06:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLDERTIMER

:) :) Looking at that engine sitting there and said to myself that looks like a mop :)ar.  Scrolled down one and said YUP! :)

OLDERTIMER

WoundedBear

It's a Mopar engine alright....just not for the car pictured.

The engine is for this one......

Sid

OLDERTIMER

WoundedBear

I bought a blue fang selfie stick a while back. 20 bucks on sale and it came with a mini tripod to hold my phone.

I can stick it into places I could never reach from the aisles. So far I am liking the results. Makes for some interesting shots that couldn't be done with out it and the remote trigger.

Sid

Ken Huck

Those are great photos.  Especially the angle.  Gives your layout a
totally different look.

Thanks for the pics Sid, and the idea.  Gonna have to try that myself.

Ken

jonathan

That last shot has some great depth.

Really get the feeling of distance. Successful illusion through the backdrop. Nice!

Regards,

Jonathan

Grumpy468

Awesome work as usual Sid. I have seen his layout in person, the pics don't do it justice.

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

WoundedBear

Okie Dokie.......here we are a week later, and the rock wall is coming along.

I left off with the wall face having a first coating of washes to bring out some color and detail.

I wasn't happy with the color and kept repainting and staining it until I got to a redder base color. Still not 100% happy, but it will work.

After a first coating of ground cover foam, it's looking much better. Then it slips back into place almost seamlessly.

WoundedBear

My favorite material for landscaping is Fusion Fiber. This cotton based material is lighter than plaster with way less mess. It also provides you with a 3 to 4 day working time depending on your humidity. I mix a batch and spread it over my roughed in landforms. Wrap your structures in plastic film and bring the Fiber right up against the base. Or the structure can be pressed down into the Fusion Fiber to make a depression for the building to sit in.

Hills and slopes are easily accomplished, and once dry, will hold their form as well as plaster.

Leave the building in place while you apply your ground cover directly over the wet Fusion Fiber. The foam will wick up the moisture from the fiber and when dry, everything is glued in place.

Here is the depression left once the Fiber dries and the building is removed.

I used it around the store and small house as well.

More soon! ;D

Sid

Ken Huck

I like that fusion fiber:  Does it take water color like plaster does ?  Does it come in any other
colors besides 'dark mud' ?  Does it have any other name in different countries ?  I really have
a curious mind Sid, and I want know.  Great pictures (again) by the way.  It's always more fun
to see other people's railroads.  Thanks for posting.

Ken

WoundedBear

For fusion fiber see scenerymadeeasy.com

Guys name is Dugan. He's in Kansas. The stuff is white outta the bag, and you tint it with watered down acrylic paint. It can be what ever color you wish. I have his phone number if you need.

https://youtu.be/JSRImRqbZ7A

Sid

Terry Toenges

That looks great. I wish the video showed his diorama when it was finished.
Feel like a Mogul.