Still working on my Lye, Stihl & Djheet layout.......

Started by WoundedBear, December 09, 2019, 06:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Len

About half way down the page these folks have a casting that's been shoveled up and waiting on a local farmer to collect.
www.besttrains.com/images_castings_ho_02/lg_4-0477.jpg

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

WoundedBear

Thats a pile of BS right there Len! Lol

I'm sure I can scratch build something suitable.

Sid

jward

Quote from: Terry Toenges on February 26, 2020, 12:05:41 PM
Wow! The only thing missing in the cow pen is...Well... Never mind...

Don't you know? Shiny cows don't poop.......

Sorry. Had to have a little fun with that one. Great scene on an interesting looking railroad.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Ken Huck

WOWZA ! ! !

Sid, that's a great job you did on the blending of the rock outcrops and stone retaining wall.  The backdrop
blends in perfectly too !  Everything, including all the buildings look like they fit right where there are. 

I have a small stock pen too, and believe me, cows don't 'make pies' where they eat.

Keep it up we're really enjoying it.

Ken

WoundedBear

Thanks guys. And Jeffery.....you're right. Those cows are shiny. Some weathering powders will cure that.

Good eye. Thanks!

Sid

WoundedBear

Made some more progress in the past bit. Finally got the fascia finished. There is about a foot in the opposite corner of the room still to fill, but everything else is nice white fascia board. Here you can see the light framing under it and then the final result down one aisle.

Then it was time for for more scenery. I have been focused on filling in the back, hardest to reach corners and working my way out to the aisles. I have lift outs in place, but once sceniced, they will be a bit of a chore to pop out.

This tunnel portal at the end of the aisle is a Woodlands plaster piece with the wing walls made from Chooch foam stone sheet on 3/16ths foam board. A little foam and plaster cloth to make the basic landform.

The cat house on the hill over looks the tunnel and has had it"s basic land shape roughed in with chunks of foam.

Then the foam gets shaped with a hot wire tool.

Here's the back wall after some dirt and green stuff get sprinkled around............

I try to blend the scenery into the background as creatively as I can.

And the tunnel portal is looking better, and ready to blend into the "Possum Hollow" scene.

That's all for now. Enjoy!

Sid

Terry Toenges

You and Jonathan are doing great. I'm loving it.
Feel like a Mogul.

jonathan

Incredible! It's time to call MR or MRH and get an article published. Thanks for letting us get a look. I enjoy every update.

Regards,

Jonathan

jonathan

Sid,

BTW I really like how you built supports away from layout for the fascia.  You're giving me inspiration for my fascia, when it's time to install it.

Thanks!

Regards,

Jonathan

jward

Do you have a track plan you could post?  It would be nice to see how everything fits together.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

WoundedBear

Thanks for looking guys. Your comments keep my confidence up.

Jeff.....sorry no track plan. I had published one years ago, but changes have been made and I never updated the computer file.

Sid

VTBob

I have one of those Tichy crane kits as well, but I'm stumped on how to do the rigging. How did you do yours?

thanks,
Bob
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

Ken Huck

Sid,
      this is really looking better and better each time you update.  The way you 'blend' in with the background is
makes me wish I'd have spent more time on my background.  It really gives a sense of depth.  And now I see how
I'm going to add my fascia, which brings me to a question:  What material are you using ?  I was thinking about
that green looking ping pong table looking stuff.

Keep going, what else is there to do during 'Social Distancing' anyway ?

Ken

WoundedBear

Ken, my fascia board is cheap 1/8th inch hardboard from home depot. I have two corners where it just flows around with no sharp edges to bump into. I like the hardboard because it follows the curves so easily.

Sid

Terry Toenges

I sent you an email Sid if you are interested in these Muir Models kits I have. I got them in out of the garage and have pics.
Feel like a Mogul.