News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Insulating E-Z Track

Started by Terry Toenges, December 12, 2019, 09:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

I finally got around to putting some foam window weather stripping under E-Z Track. I have most of the Christmas trackage done. It's a very tedious job. I can get about 8 or 9 pieces of track done with a pack of the foam, using three strips under each piece. I put up a couple of loops of track and did a "test" video to compare the two - insulated and uninsulated. I'm pleased with the results and it did make a difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQLj-UEQXjU&feature=youtu.be
Feel like a Mogul.

Waikiki968

Keith

Ken Huck

I could definitely hear the difference, very subtle, but definitely different.  I use old ceiling tile for road bed.  

Take the track and tack it to the beck of the ceiling tile, trace around it, then remove the track and cut out
the pattern, install on layout and reattach the track.  Viola ! ! !

My problem is my hearing.  My wife and I were watching TV one evening and she had to go downstairs for something
and when she returned she asked me, "Why are your trains still running ?"  I tried to convince her the house was
haunted but she wouldn't buy it.

I like the idea about an old bed sheet for a snowy landscape.  I'm gonna have to try a Christmas Layout one of
these days.

Thanks

Ken

Terry Toenges

I never thought of ceiling tile. That's a good idea too. This wasn't very hard to do. I would sit and watch TV while snipping strips of foam.
Feel like a Mogul.