News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

First video of my Lye, Stihl & Djheet

Started by WoundedBear, December 13, 2019, 02:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoundedBear

Shot my first video of a train on my layout this morning. This is where the tracks enter from staging. There is a 2% grade that ends just before the train comes into view from the other room. The 2 tracks on the right both service the mine only. That's my home-built cab forward 2-6-6-2 at the head end. Sitting at the mine is a Spectrum 0-6-0 and a Bachmann bobber caboose.

So far I think it looks ok.......need to figure out my white balance in video mode. Colours look a little different than when viewed in person.

https://youtu.be/3OdrOCzYrLM

Enjoy!

Sid

Terry Toenges

Wow! That looks really good. You did great.
Feel like a Mogul.

Ken Huck

That cab-forward really looks nice, especially the paint.  I also the like the
weathering on all the rolling stock.  Keep it up.

Ken

Gearedenginefreak

jonathan

Beautiful... made me wish for more video of the rest of the layout. Thanks!

Regards,

Jonathan

WoundedBear

Thanks guys. Glad you all liked it. I will consider more vids after I get some more scenery finished. At the moment, this is about the only location to shoot a vid without a bunch of back ground clutter visible.

Sid

Trainman203

I had background clutter issues with taking photographs around my layout.  I got the idea of painting a couple of 24 x 36 art boards light sky blue and standing them temporarily behind photo shoot locations, hiding the bottom with parked freight cars or some temporary loose lichen or something. Worked great. 

bapguy

Great job. Nice short video with good sound and great modeling. Liked your cab forward!!!     Joe