News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Other classic characters

Started by PeacefulCrow, December 19, 2019, 03:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeacefulCrow

It occurs to me that Daisy is set to join the lineup of Bachmann Thomas characters. While it is really cool and I ardently look forward to it, I'm certain I'm not the only individual on this forum to acknowledge this: there are classic characters missing! :o
Some of you want BoCo, and many of you want Stepney. While those are both excellent choices in my mind, I wish to call attention to the other users on this forum the stark lack of classic non-rail characters. Sure, there's Bertie, Terence, Harold, and even Cranky, but what about other favorites like Trevor, Bulgy, Caroline, or George. I know not if it's for financial reasons or what, but for years we've seen no release of any non-rail characters, let alone the aforementioned suggestions.
There's also been nary a whisper of any classic rolling stock, namely the Breakdown Train, the red express coaches, or maybe an alternative design for branchline coaches (like something that harkens back the first season of the show). I love building my collection, and more classic stuff would not only be a great reason to keep going with it, but also they would instill upon my model layout a sense of sentiment beyond that which I properly convey with words.
What are your thoughts? Any other classic characters you can think that you'd want to see? Engines? Non-engines? Rolling stock? Leave a comment, my friends. :)

Chaz

Bachmann has been reputable for sticking with a large majority of their HO engine lineup being classic characters, with the only exceptions being Rosie and Paxton.  I think Bachmann has proven by their recent announcement with Daisy and Peter Sam that they have shown that they do listen to fans in spite of some of the issues with Mattel regarding pricing and even some of their announcement choices.

I think Bachmann will eventually announce Stepney and Sir Handel at some point in the future, but not while Daisy and Peter Sam are still in production.  In the meantime I'm only expecting recolors in HO and some rolling stock in the narrow gauge range while this is going on.  At the very least I would appreciate an LBSC green Thomas and Black James from the Adventure Begins (while technically not "classic" it has been received enough by older fans to warrant strong sales for them) and of course narrow gauge brake vans.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Rodimus Supreme

Mattel's too busy trying to push their terrible version of the show and new characters to be bothered with bringing the good characters back in toy or tv show form. If someone could get the idea through Mattel's collective heads that this is a model railway line, and not a toy line, and that the majority of people buying the product are buying it for themselves or they're introducing their kid to the brand, which involves showing them the older content, then maybe they'd let Bachmann make whatever Bachmann knows will sell.