News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

tender compatability

Started by briley62@verizon.net, December 19, 2019, 10:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briley62@verizon.net

I have received several new VC-12 Vanderbilt  tenders from the BACHMANN SPECTRUM H-5 2-6-6-2 DCC and sound  series
locomotives.
I am wondering IF they are compatible with my NEW Bachmann 2-8-0's with DCC and sound ??
or must I rework them?

jonathan

Swapping tenders subject has come up a lot over the years.

The easiest method to use:

Take all the wiring and electronics out of the original tender;

Then put those materials into the new tender you wish to add to your locomotive.

Now the connector plugs will still match. You may, or may not have to change the length of the wires that attach to the tender truck bolster screws. Perhaps one or two other small adjustments will be needed. This is nothing compared to trying to swap out wiring harnesses.

This good advice was given by others on this forum long before I logged on. It's still good advice. I've done it myself, more than once.

Regards,

Jonathan

Trainman203

Bachmann seems to have finally addressed tender connection consistency issues with the post-Spectrum steam engines, along with finally having non-anemic steam engine headlights.  One thing they didn't fix was the rail head brushing pick up wiper on the Pacific .  It's easy to be a critic, of course, but I wish they'd done it.