News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Beer train - need spare parts

Started by Elvis-gp, January 10, 2020, 05:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvis-gp

Hi,
Please check out our video from facebook, which has viewed 104 000 in one week.
https://www.facebook.com/fishingclub.fi/videos/479956809376867/
We are an association and we have solved to serve ice-cold beer. As you can imagine, the train is under heavy use.
Therefore, we would need more spareparts, which are not found in the online store. (Example contractors taking the voltage from the weels)
Who can help us?

armorsmith

Elvis - It would help if more detailed information could be provided on your needs. Viewing the video, I am assuming that the contacts you are referring to are in the power trucks of the Climax loco in the video. That said, I am not sure they are available as spare parts for the loco. One option might be to purchase the spare part passenger truck with power pickups and see if those will work. You may be left with the option of "necessity is the mother of all invention" and generate your own.

A search on the internet for "spring power contact" may also provide some alternatives for the creative solution option.

A secondary observation is that the additional weight of one or more cold ones will significantly increase the wear on the axle journals in the trucks on the delivery car. Be prepared to replace those trucks frequently. The additional wear on the journals will allow more slop in the truck and increase the probabilities of derailments, usually in the least accessible location on the layout.  To slow the wear process make certain you keep the journals lubricated. I personally use a plastic compatible white lithium grease available at you local auto parts store.