News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

End of Thomas and Friends???

Started by TrainshockeylifE, December 21, 2019, 02:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainshockeylifE

Hey everyone, thought this was important enough to have its own topic. So JamFilled posted on Instagram that they're done with Thomas and friends. If this is the end of the show, will Bachmann or other companies still make more Thomas merchandise?

Len

Season 22 just wrapped up, but there's nothing about this on the JamFilled web site about not doing Thomas & Friends videos any more. Besides which, JamFilled is a video production company hired by Mattel Creative to make the DVD's. If they decide to stop doing Thomas & Friends, Mattel Creative can hire someone else to do them.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: TrainshockeylifE on December 21, 2019, 02:24:40 PM
Hey everyone, thought this was important enough to have its own topic. So JamFilled posted on Instagram that they're done with Thomas and friends. If this is the end of the show, will Bachmann or other companies still make more Thomas merchandise?
??? How would you come to the conclusion that, because the current animation company won't be doing the show anymore, that that means the entire show is ending? Jam Filled have nothing to do with Bachmann, so Bachmann is not affected by this.

Ronniethe14xxx

Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on December 22, 2019, 12:33:51 PM
??? How would you come to the conclusion that, because the current animation company won't be doing the show anymore, that that means the entire show is ending? Jam Filled have nothing to do with Bachmann, so Bachmann is not affected by this.
The problem, is that it's unclear. SiF hasn't heard anything about switching animation studios or a 25th season. This could just be a switch, but it would have happened by now right? Cause production should be starting around now right? Could just be a production hiatus, or the show ending in general

Chaz

As far as I'm concerned, there is a lot going for Bachmann with their Thomas ranges in 2020. In fact, I would argue 2020 is probably going to be one or the biggest years for Bachmann we will get in a while.

-The N scale range will be released then.

-Daisy, Peter Sam, and all the rolling stock announced at NMRA will be released (if not then probably early 2021).

-Bachmann will be releasing some of their HO models in the UK, likely with more on the way.

-2020 Toy Fair announcements, since I'm sure they already know what will be announced then with the catalog most likely completed.  Plus I wouldn't rule out some surprise announcements at next years NMRA too like this year.

With all these different things going on currently with Bachmann I think things will probably be okay for the next year or so.  After that though, depending on what happens with the show's current status would be more up in the air at that point.

Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Ronniethe14xxx

Quote from: mulfred-100 on December 23, 2019, 02:59:52 AM
This to me by no means this is the end of the show  ::) this isn't the first time that Thomas and Friends has moved animation companies. Nitrogen Studios anyone remember them? Personally I'm glad they aren't animating the show anymore. While under Arc there were some pretty lousy renders but to me the show still looked good. The backgrounds were always full and lively. Since jamfilled took over we've had bouncing, copy and paste backgrounds for locations that's meant to be "around the world"  same for background engines. The new renders for the core "steam team". I say it's time to let another animation company take over. Is this the end of Thomas? No not to me. We've seen it happen before and we probably will again.
You're blaming Jam Filled for things that weren't there fault. They didn't have time to render new backgrounds and engines for new countries, that was on Mattel, and if there is a new animation studio will most likely continue there. The bouncing was a Mattel decision and again will likely continue. Same with the steam team, Bertie, and Bulgy redesign which was, you guessed it, also most likely a Mattel decision. Since the new animation studios use the same models and sets (except for the sets Jamfilled didn't remake yet, but have the assets for like the viaduct), the new designs of the steam team are probably here to stay

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: Ronniethe14xxx on December 22, 2019, 12:49:14 PM
The problem, is that it's unclear. SiF hasn't heard anything about switching animation studios or a 25th season. This could just be a switch, but it would have happened by now right? Cause production should be starting around now right? Could just be a production hiatus, or the show ending in general
SiF is a fan site, not an official news outlet. You're jumping to conclusions. They'll announce it when they're ready, or perhaps not at all. I don't think the change to Jam Filled was "announced" in any way.

TrainshockeylifE

Thanks for filling me in everyone, now reading about past times and what everyone has been saying, I notice that what I said wasn't nearly accurate, sorry for the waste of a new topic. But again thanks everyone for filling me in.

mulfred-100

Quote from: Ronniethe14xxx on December 23, 2019, 08:40:03 AM
This to me by no means this is the end of the show  ::) this isn't the first time that Thomas and Friends has moved animation companies. Nitrogen Studios anyone remember them? Personally I'm glad they aren't animating the show anymore. While under Arc there were some pretty lousy renders but to me the show still looked good. The backgrounds were always full and lively. Since jamfilled took over we've had bouncing, copy and paste backgrounds for locations that's meant to be "around the world"  same for background engines. The new renders for the core "steam team". I say it's time to let another animation company take over. Is this the end of Thomas? No not to me. We've seen it happen before and we probably will again.
You're blaming Jam Filled for things that weren't there fault. They didn't have time to render new backgrounds and engines for new countries, that was on Mattel, and if there is a new animation studio will most likely continue there. The bouncing was a Mattel decision and again will likely continue. Same with the steam team, Bertie, and Bulgy redesign which was, you guessed it, also most likely a Mattel decision. Since the new animation studios use the same models and sets (except for the sets Jamfilled didn't remake yet, but have the assets for like the viaduct), the new designs of the steam team are probably here to stay
You know what I deleted my original comment and I shouldn't have. I'm gonna say what I feel. You can't just blame everything lousy on Mattel there's plenty of blame to go around. But from an animation companies prospective. Jamfilled were rubbish. Deadlines, Mattel breathing down their necks or not. They clearly weren't up to the task so I'm glad they are gone. You can put blame on Mattel too there's plenty to go around but as I say from an animation standpoint and given it's their jobs to animate I'm glad they are gone. My opinion. Weather they could actually make something decent given as you say "time and Mattel not rushing things" I honestly don't know. But they did and they didn't if you take my meaning. They are history. I'm glad. Others aren't. The show isn't over. Let's see what the next animation crew bring to the table shall we? It is the grown up thing to do

Ronniethe14xxx

Quote from: mulfred-100 on December 23, 2019, 03:36:59 PM
Quote from: Ronniethe14xxx on December 23, 2019, 08:40:03 AM
You know what I deleted my original comment and I shouldn't have. I'm gonna say what I feel. You can't just blame everything lousy on Mattel there's plenty of blame to go around. But from an animation companies prospective. Jamfilled were rubbish. Deadlines, Mattel breathing down their necks or not. They clearly weren't up to the task so I'm glad they are gone. You can put blame on Mattel too there's plenty to go around but as I say from an animation standpoint and given it's their jobs to animate I'm glad they are gone. My opinion. Weather they could actually make something decent given as you say "time and Mattel not rushing things" I honestly don't know. But they did and they didn't if you take my meaning. They are history. I'm glad. Others aren't. The show isn't over. Let's see what the next animation crew bring to the table shall we? It is the grown up thing to do
Yeah, Jam Filled definitely wasn't up to the job. But I don't genuinely believe that's there fault. But it might be. It's a mixture of just incompetence really and ridiculous deadlines. Jam Filled definitely tried sometimes, but it was so rare. The other Big Engine from S23 is such a good example. They rendered Gustavo's unique coaches for a single episode, and some of the environments in  the episode were great. But others, weren't. I feel like they could do great things if they were given the time, some sets do prove this. But, they just didn't get it. That or certain animators for Jam Filled actually knew what they were doing but others didn't. I don't work for the company, so hey what do I know

Ronniethe14xxx

Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on December 23, 2019, 10:54:20 AM
Quote from: Ronniethe14xxx on December 22, 2019, 12:49:14 PM
SiF is a fan site, not an official news outlet. You're jumping to conclusions. They'll announce it when they're ready, or perhaps not at all. I don't think the change to Jam Filled was "announced" in any way.
SIF isn't an official news outlet, but they do have inside connections. They know that when season 23 and 24 were in production, they were like, commisioned as one production back to back. But, they haven't heard anything about a commision for Season 25, that doesn't make it non-existent, but according to them, no one knows what is going on. Jam filled only just announced they are leaving, since they just finished production. It just, seems likely we're getting a hiatus of some sort.  That or a very rushed twenty fifth season.

TrainFan97

I read that after Season 24 has finished airing, the show will be going on hiatus, which means 2021 will be the first year since 2001 not to get a new season. It's also the show's first hiatus in 20 years.

There eventually will be a Season 25, but we don't know when. Now that Jam Filled is done animating the show after Season 24, Mattel is going to have to look for a new animation team for the show.

At least Jam Filled worked on Season 24, just enough for the 75th Anniversary.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.