News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N Scale Christmas Train Lights

Started by Parkfreeon6th, December 21, 2019, 05:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkfreeon6th

Hi - I am a shamefully infrequent train user. It seems like last year the lights came on in my N Scale Christmas Train passenger cars. Am I forgetting something basic?

Rocket_Scientist

What train set are you running? If this is the Spirit of Christmas train set then you aren't remembering correctly as this set uses the "Old Timer" passenger coaches which in their entire history have never been lit. Bachmanns' newest 72' and 85' passenger coaches are lit as are the old 60' passenger cars  from their "Plus"line (no longer in production). The newest lit coaches use LED lighting and the old Plus line uses regular incandescent bulbs. Even the Pennsylvania Broadway Limited set which uses a reincarnation of the 60' coaches are not lit.

I have numerous sets of the old Plus line that i'm converting to LED lighting myself as these coaches are always showing up on Ebay either individually or as 3 or 4 car sets. I'm using surface mount bridge rectifiers and caps with the LED mounted on my little custom circuit boards.