News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Too many threads!

Started by SilverSpencer, December 21, 2007, 12:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpencer

Since i've joined here, this board has become very unconstructive and has ended up just like all the others boards online that talk about Thomas and Friends stuff.

All the threads here are just really non-constructive and half have been left, which is really a waste considering the amount of time and effort the bachman has made creating this new board since the old forums deletion. Really, there is no need for all these threads that seem to also duplicate already 'exisiting' thrads and topics.

It's because of this and because of a certain other 'Thomas Fan Forum' that i have sadly lost great interest in anything Thomas related, everything has been spoiled online, you can't even talk about Thomas with other members anymore without them having to refere to Sodor Island Forums and Fansite.

So i apologise to the bachman, but i think this forum needs to be cleaned of non-constructive posts and well, be made so that only he can create threads for things like the 'Thomas General Discussion' and all that stuff. Don't go flaming me for what i have said here though, cause if you look around, you will see that i am in some ways right!

Gordon

Guilford Guy

I mean no offense to anyone but, due to the maturity of Thomas the Tank Engine, and many of his followers, the posting is at the same maturity level. It is Thomas the Tank engine which was intended for children 2-8 so I am just saying that the Maturity of the Posts is in the 2-8 age rate.
That is probably why you are turned off. You are tired of seeing posts of the low maturity level. Look into the General Discussion or HO forums, The Maturity there is far greater. You may find it more interesting than you previously had.
No offense meant to anyone.
Alex

DealAjani

I agree with Guilford Guy. If you want to discuss Thomas on a higher maturity level, I suggest you go here.
http://sodor.proboards77.com/index.cgi Not only do they have discussions on all things Thomas related, but also other things. They have been credited by Christopher Awdry (The son of the Late Rev. Wilbert Awdry) and also by Britt Allcroft (the lady who was responsible for bringing Thomas into the tv) I've been a member for quite a while now and we've had some quite grand things happen there. This year we celebrated our fifth anniversary and greater things will come soon.

StanierJack

Quote from: DealAjani on December 21, 2007, 07:17:56 PM
I agree with Guilford Guy. If you want to discuss Thomas on a higher maturity level, I suggest you go here.
http://sodor.proboards77.com/index.cgi Not only do they have discussions on all things Thomas related, but also other things. They have been credited by Christopher Awdry (The son of the Late Rev. Wilbert Awdry) and also by Britt Allcroft (the lady who was responsible for bringing Thomas into the tv) I've been a member for quite a while now and we've had some quite grand things happen there. This year we celebrated our fifth anniversary and greater things will come soon.

Yes, as a part of Sodor Island Forums, I know of the maturity levels on that board. There are no youtube/bachmann noobs (or whatever you call them) on there.

The Chaz Storm

Well here is what I think about this situation.  There are some mature and older members on this forum such as myself who post onto this forum and other members like Michael, Guilford Guy, Jack, EdwardsDriver, etc.  Whenever I see people like them post it usually doesn't leave me conserned or worried.  I will admit some members on this forum really need to stop posting so many threads that lead to spam or arguements.  I have been a member of this board for over two years now and I have seen how things have changed.  Things have changed very dramatically for this board but I know that if everyone cooperates, and gets along, this forum can get better and a lot more mature.  I have seen some members improve from what they have become in the past and I will also admit too it does take time, I am sure though hopefully things will change for this forum for the better. ;)

Michael

GG is right.  People should not post random stuff like announcements.  I personally think therre should be a POSTOPIA board.

SilverSpencer

Quote from: DealAjani on December 21, 2007, 07:17:56 PM

Sodor Island Forums is not the best place online, it is because of them i have lost interest in Thomas. SiF is the biggest joke online, they think they are so popular for what they have done, but actually, they are nothing more than hipocritical dorks with no knowlege about Thomas whatsoever, so although they think they may know everything about Thomas and Friends, and also claim they are the best fansite, forum and redubbers in the online thomas world.

They are really nothing more than a bunch of pathetic individuals, which Thomas seems to have taken over their lives, which i find really sad of them.

QuoteThere are no youtube/bachmann noobs (or whatever you call them) on there.

Do NOT refere me as a noob, SiF is the last place i would ever want to be part of, and i am NOT making a public apology to any of there members regarding what i stated on youtube about them!

Rickenbacker 325

PRRThomas11

Yea same here. And they like to rub it in too. "ACCOUNT DENIED" It may have something to do with how i wrote my birthday as January 1, 1900. I don't give away all that personal stuff online. (Thats why I like Bachmann)

Whatever, back on topic.
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

The Chaz Storm

Well Michael the POSTOPIA thread is a very good idea.  Why I think that is there are some members on this forum (No names mentioned) who seem to enjoy posting threads that would lead to spam or is really unecessary for this forum.  I know that these members and the rest of the members on this board mean well, but come on, do we really have to know if they watch a Thomas movie, find one Thomas thing they find cool online, or even talking about something that has nothing at all to do with Thomas.  In fact you guys would actually be surprised how many times I told some certain members to get back on topic when they would get off topic in the first place.  (Sorry if that sounded rude in any sort of way.)  This forum can get better and I think we better not make so many pointless threads that lead to trouble or for that matter spam. 

Corrie Thompson

I ain't sayin a word because I know what ya all are thinkin. >:(

SilverSpencer

This thread isn't pointless, i am stating the facts here that this section of the bachmann forum has too mnay threads that are complete nonsence!

I used to run my own forum, but i shut it down because of certain members from SiF, now i am on the Model Trains Forum, a place where modellers like me can share ideas and show off our projects and such!
I have lead the first MTF members meet, so i know what i am talking about!

Guilford Guy

http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=ntres2
If any of you move on from Thomas, there is a good forum that your friend Captain Punjab once belonged to...
Alex

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: Gordon on December 22, 2007, 06:03:35 PM
This thread isn't pointless, i am stating the facts here that this section of the bachmann forum has too mnay threads that are complete nonsence!

I used to run my own forum, but i shut it down because of certain members from SiF, now i am on the Model Trains Forum, a place where modellers like me can share ideas and show off our projects and such!

Gordon, I wasn't talking about you or this thread leading to spam, if I thought this thread would lead to spam I would have said something a long time ago, trust me. 

PS I know what you are talking about, I am a member of MTF and I saw the meeting video... 

DealAjani

Quote from: Gordon on December 22, 2007, 06:03:35 PM

Dan, you can't genuinely believe that SiF ruined your forum. You know there were some certain members that ruined it. Point is, grow up, move on and stop blaming SiF for your forum's problems.