News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Life-Like Power-Loc Track

Started by kyra106, December 26, 2019, 02:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyra106

Aside from ebay, what are other reliable sources to purchase Bachmann HO life-like Power-loc train and turn outs?

Thanks.

WoundedBear

Bachmann's track is called E-Z Track.

Walthers makes the Life-Like brand.

Try trainworld or any of the other major retailers or go directly to Walthers.

Sid

kyra106

Len

If you already have Power-Loc track there is a transition piece that lets you connect it to Bachmann's EZ-Track.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Joe323

Len,

Yes as I recall you have to remove the plastic tab from the EZ track and join the transition piece with regular rail joiners.  It would also work with conventional track though you woul need roadbed underneath.

Len

No, you don't have to remove the tabs from the EZ-Track. There's a hollow under the adapter piece they slide into. Nothing there for them to lock onto, only the rail joiners maintain the connection. Not a problem ir the track is fastened down on a permanent layout.

For a temporary layout, I marked the location of the legs of heavy duty staples at two points between the rails. Drilled holes just large enough for the staple legs, dropped the staples in, and bent the legs over under the roadbed. That kept the pieces from seperating while in use, while remaining easy to remove if the layout changed.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Joe323

My bad if the adapter track is hollow then no you don't have to remove the tab.  You would if you were connecting ez track to say flex track.

I ike your staple idea.