DCC GG1 on DC track - Flashes head lights, motor sounds, doesn't move!

Started by JEFFSUED, December 31, 2019, 10:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEFFSUED

I recently purchased a N scale GG1 Bachman#65352 DCC with Sound Value. It's supposed to run on DC only track but when power applied, front and rear lights blink, then go out when power applied, the motor sound starts but the engine does not move either forward or reverse. I'm using a MRC Tech II Dual Power 2800 transformer.

DC only engines work just fine.

Does anyone know if there is some switch I need to modify on the engine to have it work in DC mode? The instructions say the engine should work right out of the box in DC mode.

Any help appreciated!!

Hunt

You will have to use a DC power pack compatible with the DCC dual mode decoder.

From the Quick Start Guide included with the GG1

Operating in Analog Mode Using a DC Power Pack

Important: Your sound decoder will work best in analog mode when using a high quality, electronically regulated power pack, preferably one that supplies smooth, filtered DC   power. Older rheostat style power packs and pulse power packs will result in erratic and unreliable operation and should not be used with this sound decoder. If your power pack provides a Pulse power switch, leave it in the 'Off' position.

The MRC Tech II Dual Power 2800 does not provide a means to turn Off its Automatic Pulse injection feature.

JEFFSUED

Thanks for the info Hunt! I saw the info in the instructions about the Pulse being turned off on the DC power pack and there was no way to turn it off on my Tech II. Did not realize that it was automatic. Have since ordered a DCC set up and now awaiting backordered items.

Appreciate the response and Happy New Year!