News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann GP7 sound decoder AE32044

Started by edcarol214, December 31, 2019, 03:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edcarol214

Good Morning,

I have a Bachmann EMD GP7 with DCC On Board.  I have purchased and received a Bachmann AE32044 DCC Sound Board.  I looked for an installation guide on both Bachmann and SoundTraxx websites for this board.  The only one that I could find was on Soundtraxx for a Bachmann GP7 but the board does not look the same as the AE32044.  Does anyone know of an installation guide for the Bachmann board?  If not, would it be appropriate to use the Soundtraxx guide and use as much as is applicable for the Bachmann board?  Any assistance you can give will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ed Paris

bapguy

There is no installation guide. On the bottom of the sound decoder sound decoder will be markings: HL+,HL- headlights. S+,S- speaker connection, RR,LR pick up wires from truck( one set for front one set for rear), M-, M+ motor connection, BL-,BL+ rear lights. Remove appropriate wire from old decoder and put on new decoder. I solder my wires as the plastic clips don't always hold the wires tightly in place. You may need to add wires to the front and rear leds depending on if they are soldered to the old board. Match the polarity as leds have a + and - leg.   Joe

edcarol214

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply.  I will follow your guidance.  Have a good one.

Sincerely,

Ed