News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0 shell parts needed

Started by ziplocbag, January 01, 2020, 01:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziplocbag

I have a budget addition of a 4-6-0... it lacks almost all details... i basically need everything but the compressor and generator
However i do have a new anniversary model chassis for this rebuild.
I need the fallowing.. and if i missed some.. i likely need them as well, lol
Color wont matter unless stated.

Smoke box front end, 2 switch type. Anniversary hand rails preferred but not required.
All cab detail parts and firebox front plate with the removable firebox door.
The air tanks that go directly under the cab for the pipes that run about half way down the locos chassis.
The one piece bell and a gold whistle used on the anniversary loco or other engine alike.
The part thing that sits next to the bell on the right side (side with no compressor).
A funnel crown/topper for the straight funnels.
Two box shaped lamps.
ALL pipes that go on the side with the compressor. Black preferred, but if you have other colors, ill just repaint it.
If there are metal handrail posts.. i need those.
Brake wheel with metal post for tender.

I feel like repairing the shell is cheaper then.. shelling out over 60 bucks for a new one.. correct me if im wrong.
Anyway if you have any of the parts above, please send me a reasonable offer. Shipping within the US unless shipping is around the same price range.
Thanks for reading, you guys are my only hope, as many of these parts are not available on bachmann or ebay.. not shore where else i can buy parts.

ziplocbag

eh, yeah i guess i have to get a new shell.. thanks anyway i guess

Joe Zullo

Mark Oles

I was in the same boat as you recently.  I noticed my son's big hauler seemed 'loose'.  Upon disassembly, I noticed that three of the five mounting points had broken.  I was thinking to just buy a replacement shell, but ended up getting an older big hauler that was fully intact.  Removing the details and repainting was not that difficult, but there was some cutting required. You might be better off finding a used junked anniversary model. Good luck!