News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

455 arrives at RGS East

Started by RGSEast, December 21, 2007, 07:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGSEast

I always pre-order as then I am assured of getting what I want. This time they fooled me and didn't announce the 455 post wreck until much later. What a pleasant surprise.

Great job Bachmann. One thing that I really like about their products is the documentation that is included. This one has about 6 sheets of exploded views and wiring. By what I am seeing, this time the color codes on the wiring are easier to follow and don't change at some mysterious hidden point. Even the tank car came with exploded view.

Anyone interested, I have devised a method of splicing the Accucraft coupler to the Tank car email me.

Roger

glennk28

Yeah--I pre-ordered, too.  Mine is still somewhere in the pipeline.

Roger--are you referring to installing the Accucraft couples on the tank cars?  or referring to the tender of the K-27?  Either way, let me know how--I also have two tank cars ordered.  I am thinking that the Kadee 779 pocket might be the thing to use--gj

RGSEast

I am installing Accu on all the Bachman cars and engines. That is what I have on all my other rolling stock. The KDs will drop right in and the Accu requires splicing the Accu coupler onto the shank provided by Bachmann.

Just a matter of preference.

Roger

glennk28

Yes--I agree with you--I like the Accucraft coupler--I do like the Kadee, but I like operating the couplers wtih the cut levers.  The Bachmann knuckles work OK but their appearance leaves a lot to be desired. 

I would like to see whar you are doing in that splice?  would you mind if we continue off-list?    glenn476@4fast.net   

Matthew (OV)

Actually, put some of it on the board too ... I'd love to see as well.

Matthew (OV)

RGSEast

I will post those too on the MLS or you can email me directly tomorrow and I will send you some pics and specs. Just a coupling of the Bachmann coupler box shank with the Acc coupler with some K&S rectangular tubing.

Compudah is in the final stage of reloading.

Rog

glennk28

I'll need an email address--sounds good using the K&S tubing.  Accucraft's coupler mount is similar to Kadee's 779, will interchange with Kadee 835.

Won't be going to Kadee tomorrow as K-27 has not arrived yet, and a snowstorm is expected late in the day--don't want to get caught on the wrong side of the mountain.  gj

calenelson

Quote from: the Bach-man on December 27, 2007, 10:45:30 PM
Dear All,
I spoke to Dave today, and RCS will be included. I'd appreciate a heads-up from any of you letting me know of other after market systems manufacturers we can contact.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Happy New Year Bach-man,

We are getting the updates from the Continued Airwire/Phoenix Install..any-word on the above mention of a RCS install by Goodson? 

Will there be units displayed with the different control units to view/operate at the upcoming SELSTS?

Thanks
Cale

the Bach-man

Dear Cale,
As of yesterday, Dave's wae still in transit.
Not sure who will be at SELSTS, but photos of all the installs will be posted here.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

lkydvl

Here's an interesting tidbit from an MLS post by Roger Cutter:

Just to clarify things for everyone. I did not request the engine first for this kind of work. It was given to me by Bachmann because I trouble shoot all their pilot models (last 6 or 7 years) and make sure they run as best I can get them to for the video and I provide my RR for the video.

Kinda makes you wonder why we still found all the problems with those locos doesn't it?

Andre'

calenelson

Quote from: the Bach-man on January 02, 2008, 10:41:30 PM
Dear Cale,
As of yesterday, Dave's wae still in transit.
Not sure who will be at SELSTS, but photos of all the installs will be posted here.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Thanks for the Update Bach-Man! 

I will anxiously await the report from the Far North-West!  We look forward to seeing this loco and others at the show!

cale

Jon D. Miller

OK, all you smart guys.

I agree there is a wealth of documentation.

Now for those of us that are about as sharp as a lead pencil, how and where the @#&*&# do you pick up the feeds to connect the optical chuff trigger to a Phoenix board.  To me the wiring diagram is about as clear as mud.

This ain't your momma's Mogul! :o

Great locomotive if I could just get it to trigger the chuff.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

glennk28

WOW!! That's quite a green--looks quite a bit brighter than my MMI On3 and Blackstone HOn3--which is somewhat surprising considering the Blackstone came from the same factory 

I just got  those locos out, and it may be the lighting--Yours looks a lot brighter but perhaps due to the sunlight.   gj

glennk28

I see what was meant about the plow brackets--there are definitely some brackets that belong on the side of the smokebox--they are "L" shaped and held to the smokebox with two rivets.  The base of the "L" has a hole in it for the rod that supports the plow.  I've put many of these on On3 locos--they won't be hard to make, but we shouldn't have to "reinvent the wheel"

Jon D. Miller

Glenn,
It's probably the lighting, caused by the sun.

The green is darker in "person."  It's close to the same shade of green that Bachmann used on the Great Northern Big Hauler a few years ago. I have so much weathering on the Great Northern that it would be difficult to compare the two.

It is not as "green" as the ET&WNC Big Hauler.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)