News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command Center

Started by CURKID, January 08, 2020, 02:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CURKID

I have the EZ Command Center had all stored for some years, pulled them out to set things up again.  Running my trains i notice that it is only running on full throttle it will not slow down nor come to a stop.  The only way to stop is by hitting the stop button.  Any suggestion?

jward

How many locomotives do you have? Does it affect all of them?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

CURKID

Yes i am running just 1 at a time but it does it to all.

CURKID

I disconnected all and seems to work fine had the ez command center via the booster.  If i want to change my command center what do you guys recommend?

jward

I have been running with a DIgitrax Zephyr for 15 years. Not much more expensive than EZ Command, but is a full featured DCC system that can also be used as a booster or extra controller with other Digitrax products. Can run DC locomotives on address 00. Can use two DC controllers as extra throttles using the jump ports. Capable of running up to 20 locomotives at a time, (with booster) and capable of fully programming decoders.

One of the first things you want to do if you get a fully functioning system is to disable the analog conversion feature in your decoders. This feature is usually turned on by default, and it allows you to run a DCC locomotive on DC track. The problem is that sometimes the decoder will be tricked into thinking it's running on DC when it's actually on DCC. That results in the runaway locomotive that won't respond to commands, like you described above.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

CURKID

How can I know if my ez command control center is bad??? I can turn on and off the lights when I program a train it move acknowledging but trains will not run???

Trainman203