News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Doodlebug ladder

Started by DB30, January 09, 2020, 01:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DB30

Looking for the ladder that attaches under the baggage door on the body shell.   They are no longer available from Bachmann.  Would even take an abandoned body shell.  Any help is appreciated.
Thank you,
DB

Trainman203

Google Ho baggage door steps.  I got some for my baggage car like that.

DB30

Have been googling, saw brass ones on Ebay, hard to figure out if they are the correct width.Thank you.

Len

You could make your own with a bit of brass wire and a soldering iron.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Trainman203

I have some brass ones for a baggage car of mine needed one.  Width doesn't matter that much.  They don't have to be the exact width of the door .  Things like that were routinely replaced in shoppings and don't have to match the remaining ones.

DB30

Thanks for all good ideas. Most of you are probably in the early innings of the game. When you're well into the sixth, like I am, fine work is not that easy anymore. Would still prefer the factory part or a body shell. 
Thank you,
DB

Trainman203

You can do it!  I'm in the 7th inning!

I had a tender step break off of a decapod that went into purgatory somewhere.  Got some brass ones off eBay that look better than the original. With the engine on the track, you can't tell it's different (and better) than the original on the other side.

DB30

Yes, have had those brass ladders on my Ebay watchlist for a week now, was hoping to find Bachmann OEMs. 
Thanks