News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Info about this set?

Started by Roger445, January 13, 2020, 03:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger445

Hey everyone. I'm new here.

My father was into model trains for a while, but now he has moved on to other things and left his models with me.
I'm trying to figure out what to do with all the stuff, and I was wondering if anyone here knew what this set was?
I can't find anything about it online, so I came here. Is it valuable? High/low quality? Is it worth keeping?

I think it was originally bought around 2004.

Thanks to anyone who sees this and may know something.
(sorry for the poor-quality pics.)

https://imgur.com/a/Wad4M4W

Len

It's a 'Spectrum' set, so the quality should be fairly decent. And personally, I think the power supply is better than what comes in current sets. But that's just me.

There's not much in the way of HO equipment that would be considered "valuable" or "collectable" the way some old Lionel and American Flyer stuff is. So you'd probably be better off either keeping it yourself, or passing it on to someone in the family that might enjoy it.

If it hasn't been run in a while, you'll probably need to lube the loco before using it. While includeed in the set, keep in mind those 85' passenger cars need 22" radius curves if you decide to add more track. The 'track expansion packs' only include 18" radius curves, so stay away from them.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Roger445

Great! Thank you for the info, Len. I'll keep the track radius in mind. Maybe I'll find someone who has more use for it than I do.