News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-0 D&RGW Mogul #135

Started by RailMan63, January 14, 2020, 02:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailMan63

Hello. I am new here . I recently bought the above described On30 locomotive and tender on Ebay. It's missing the smoke stack and the whistle. I didn't see either part available on the Bachmann parts site,so I'm wondering if anybody here might be able to help me to find replacement parts.
I found a C&S Mogul style "Bear Trap" with spark arrester on Ebay :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/O-On3-On30-WISEMAN-BACK-SHOP-BRASS-PART-BS-064-C-S-BEARTRAP-LOCOMOTIVE-STACK/133277939031?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Does anybody know if that would be a god fit?
I can't find a whistle, so , am I just out of luck getting that part, or does anyone have a suggestion?
Thank you!
Railman63

RailMan63

Thanks,Terry. That gave me few parts numbers to search for. Unfortunately, nobody seems to have the whistle that's more like the factory installed version. There's a standard, single chime whistle on Ebay, so I'll probably order that for now.

RailMan63

I bought a complete Hawthorne Village 2-6-0 locomotive,and tender to use as a donor to rebuild the #135. I got it for a good price.I combined both of them to produce a beautiful ,complete model that is black, with silver caps on the steam chest, white trim(think the #22 Colorado & Southern),and brass railings.
I also repainted the new tender, as the one that came with the #135 was missing a step.These On30 tenders are kind of hard to find with all 4 tender steps on them!