Soundvalue Sound mutes when changing direction

Started by MU5T4N6, January 14, 2020, 09:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MU5T4N6

Hello,

I have an RS-3 (63902) with the SoundValue on board. When I have the sound on and change the direction of the loco, the sound mutes until I apply some throttle again.
How can this be changed, so that the sound stays on when changing direction?
Regards, Max

Gearedenginefreak

You didnt say if you are operating on DC or DCC. I dont know if that behavior is expected on DC.  I dont think so, but I could be wrong.  If you have access to a DCC system, you can reset the decoder (set cv8 to 8 and then remove power for several seconds). This will likely cure it if some programming has been messed up.  Note that if you do a reset, any custom speed parameters, loco number, volume controls, bell or whistle choices - these will all go back to default. Loco number will be 3.

jonathan

If you are running in DC, you can't.

If you are running EZ command, pretty sure you can't either.

All other DCC systems leaves the sound on in the default (normal) settings. If you have a fully capable DCC system, you can perform a reset to restore to as-delivered settings.

Regards,

Jonathan

Len

If you're operating DC, not DCC, and just flip the direction switch the track voltage momentarily drops to zero. Until the decoder senses the voltage is back in the region it needs to operate, the sound will drop out. That's inherent to the decoder, and the only way around it is to bring the loco to a full stop, change the direction switch, then bring the voltage back up gradually. Or get a DCC system.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

MU5T4N6

Sorry, I forgot to add.

I am running it on DCC and yes, I have reset the decoder before, but it does it regardless.
Regards, Max