News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

TURNOUT QUESTION

Started by train_guy2511, January 14, 2020, 11:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

train_guy2511

hello once again!!! my layout is getting there. but question is on remote turnouts. the directions are easy to understand an complete, but do i need to connect the red wire to a analog power controller when i am using a bachmann ez command controller to run my digital trains as well as one analog loco? it says that i need to connect the green wire to the track, then insert other end of green wire into turnout controller. then take red wire an insert one end into turnout controller then put other end w/spade connecters into the power pack. please advise? thnx

Len

You can connect the red wire to any 16V AC or DC power supply that's rated to supply at least 1 amp (1000ma) of current. Many people use and old 'wall wart' power supply for this purpose. The key is to make sure the output is rated for 1amp, or higher.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jward

If you have a dc power pack, then yes you can use that. That's what it was designed for. Be sure to use the AC terminals, and not the variable DC ones that would be used to control trains.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

rich1998

This video might help. You can stiop the video at times for a close look. I search You Tube some times. Make the video full screen.
Some videos are not the best. Look around. Many forget You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM7XeKRPBFw

Rich