Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Generic Wishlist for 2020

Started by trainyardjp, January 19, 2020, 09:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainyardjp

JP of Acton MA, USA writes,

To all O Scale / O Gauge modelers -

This is the "Generic" Wishlist for 2020.
Here, you can post anything you want, including suggestions for Bachmann / WBB, regarding products that you want to see produced.
"The sky is the limit" with this wish list.

Keep in mind that I Am Not an employee of the Bachmann / WBB company, and I Am Not associated in any way with the Bachmann / WBB company, so comments and suggestions should be directed to "3 Rail", "Yardmaster" or "The Bachmann".
-JP

-JP

Len

I'll be happy if they just get the WBB replacement geared trucks back in stock.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Ruslsdad

I'd be happy if Bachmann supported its trains by having the replacement parts on hand. How can a company not support it's product?

Country Joe

My wishlist is the same as the last few years, O gauge locomotives, New York Central and Florida East Coast, with bluetooth control.

LarryD

Well, unless we missed something, looks like the only new O offering will be the eggliners.  They are nice, I'm sure they will sell (at least I hope so).  But ...that's it.   I was hoping to at least see some Steam True Blast Plus offerings to upgrade existing locomotives.

I'm wondering how much the lack of a controll system (like LionChief, or DCS) for the Williams line is impacting sales.

trainyardjp

JP, of Acton MA, USA writes:
The Eggliners are actually G scale, carried over from the out of business Aristo Craft company.

Any conventional locomotives (such as Williams) can be controlled by DCS, but you would have to connect your power supply and layout to the DCS Track Interface Unit's conventional terminals, then select the TR (track) feature on the DCS remote, to operate your trains.

I don't know if the LionChief system has a provision or function to operate conventional trains, but the original TMCC system (remote / command base), paired with a TPC (Track Power Controller) can operate conventional trains.
-JP
-JP

Country Joe

Quote from: LarryD on July 29, 2020, 10:41:47 PM

I'm wondering how much the lack of a controll system (like LionChief, or DCS) for the Williams line is impacting sales.

I don't run conventional so it makes a big difference to me. I don't think Bachmann has much commitment to the Williams line. Their business is primarily in HO and N scale. I hope I'm wrong but I don't expect much from WBB anytime soon, if ever.