News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Northern Pacific HO Baldwin steam locomotive

Started by crash, January 28, 2020, 07:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash

Hey Bach Man. Has Bachmann ever made or make in the future, a Northern Pacific Baldwin locomotive?

Trainman203

I'm waiting for the Missouri Pacific to reappear.

Searsport

No, but the Baldwin Great Northern 4-4-0s with dark green boilers were very nice. Though some photos suggest their originals burned coal, not oil. I wish now I'd bought one of each when Trainworld remaindered them for $99.99 and $149.99, but I did get one each of the B&O Baldwins in that sale and they are very nice too, and there were several "Old Time" coaches in B&O blue in the old Roundhouse range still to be found on ebay.

Best Regards,
Bill.

Trainman203

There's a preserved NP 4-4-0 and wood caboose at Bonanzaville in Fargo ND.  Looks like they are both stored in barns and rolled out in good weather, congratulations to them for that.

However. There are few places I'd rather be less than Fargo in winter.  Winters are better down here on the Gulf Coast 😱😂.  Saw two Dakota-plated RV's yesterday.  It won't last though, concluding with tomato planting time in 4 weeks.  Then it's not long till 95F days with lows at night seldom below 85.  With 105% humidity 🥵🥵🥵.

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

Trainman203

Now THIS would be an EASY mod to a Bachmann early 4-4-0.  Put on a less pointy pilot.  Get a shotgun stack and an NP electric headlight from Cal Scale and install.  Get a Bachmann cab from a low driver 4-6-0 boiler.  You can also from the boiler get the air pump, nicer bell and whistle, and crew figures.  The tender seems OK as is.  Install the parts, paint and decal.  This is pretty close to an instant NP 4-4-0!