News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

just plug lighting system

Started by crash, February 12, 2020, 04:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash

I'm thinking about purchasing the Just Plug Lighting System from Woodland Scenics. Any pro or cons on this topic?

bapguy

I have their street lights. They're nice but can get pricey.   Joe

Trainman203

Reminder.... this is s Bachmann forum.

jonathan

I think as long as we don't get disparaging in our comments on the product, we'll not break the spirit of the rules of the forum.

I have seen that product used on the layouts at train shows.  Seems to work fine for folks. 

I'm a cheapskate. So I prefer to put my own lights in vehicles, lampshades, and buildings, then hard wire 'em to a bus feed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Len

If the layout's using Bachmann rolling stock and/or track, I've never seen a problem on the forum with discussing scenary related items from other manufacturers. The plain fact is, Bachmann doesn't offer every scenary item a model railroader might want to use. In fact there are entire threads from people reporting about structures they either built from scratch, or a craftsman kit, for their layouts.

Plus the fact, if you don't mind the prices, the 'Just Plug' system offers interior and exterior lights that can be added to Bachmann and Plasticville buildings to enhance their appearance. So I'd say Crash's original question was well within the forum guidelines.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Trainman203

Well, ok then.  Their wood pole lights are right up my alley for use on period layouts around engine terminals , team tracks , and warehouses.  But there's not enough pole height above the light itself to add wires or a crossarm.

Terry Toenges

I used WS lights for my engine shed and I like them. I like the idea of just being able to plug them in rather than have to do soldering.
Feel like a Mogul.

the Bach-man

I'm OK with this thread.
Carry on!
the Bach-man

Trainman203

The thing I like about this system is no soldering and no having to figure out those xxc!!?xx#**x resistors.  And not having to build the light poles.

crash

Thanks all for the info. Just to add. I have a 9 x 12 layout using all Bachmann EZ track and run some Bachmann loco's. That's why I use the Bachmann forum.