News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command X-OVERS with DCC

Started by crosswire, February 12, 2020, 04:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crosswire

I have been having a problem with a new HO X-OVER and was told this board was the place to get help as Bachmann service apparently does not support this product.

The turnout, when operating properly, is supposed to activate both sides of the X-OVER simultaneously. Of the three I purchased, one does not work properly; one side changes position, the other side does not move.

The mechanism works smoothly when moved manually. I have tried reprogramming the unit a couple of times with no change in operation.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, John

jonathan

John,

You are asking for a pure guess, since we don't really have anything to go on.  That being said...

Best guess is there is a wire lead that has a bad solder joint, or has come loose, from it's connection to the motor/switch that operates that particular turnout.

DCC is responding as one turnout operates.  The switching mechanisms are usually pretty reliable.  However, the most common point of failure in most electronics always seems to be a poorly connected wire.

Perhaps there is a way for you to turn the turnout upside down and open up the area where the wires connect to the motor/switch.  That's where I would start.  I'm a tinker and love to open things up and "fix" them.

Good luck in your search for a fix.

Regards,

Jonathan

jward

Another distinct possibility is that the crossover is not getting enough power to operate both switch motors. What system are you using to control the crossover?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA