Bachmann Thomas & Friends July 2020 NMRA Predictions

Started by TerencetheTractor525, February 13, 2020, 12:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerencetheTractor525

While taking into consideration that Bachmann has confirmed that there will be another New Thomas Product Announcement for the NMRA Convention in July (which is only five months away), and that the Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2020 thread has already been used for two new product announcements, I thought that it would be a good idea to start on new thread to give Bachmann a very clear idea of what we would like to see next. Below is a list of what I would like, and expect to see this July.

HO Scale
Stepney (with moving eyes) #1 Hope
Red Express Coach
Red Express Brake Coach

Narrow Gauge
Brake Van- Brown

N Scale
S.C.Ruffey
Tidmouth Milk Tanker

Large Scale
Troublesome Van

Really hoping that an announcement of an HO Stepney will be possible for this July. He is still without a doubt the next engine that the majority of Bachmann Thomas Fans would like to see. And with episodes like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-yHoSMEf2M, that is certainly understandable.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

TrainFan97

Here are my hopes for this year's NMRA announcements:

HO Scale:
Stepney (#1 hope for new engine tooling)
James - Black (#1 hope for next engine recolor)
Red Express Coach
Red Express Brake Coach
Ventilated Van - Explosives
Chocolate Syrup Tanker
Toffee Tanker

Narrow Gauge:

Sir Handel
Carriage - Green
Brake Van - Brown

N Scale:
Milk Tanker
S.C. Ruffey
Open Wagon - Red

Large Scale:

Red Coach
Red Brake Coach

The Explosives Van, Chocolate Syrup and Toffee Tankers are Large Scale Rolling Stock that have yet to be made in HO Scale.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Goosher

Hi I'm new

As for the predictions
HO
Stepney
Red express coaches composite and brake
Tar Wagon season 1

N gauge
Edward
Milk tanker (Tidmouth Milk)
Cattle Wagon
Brake van

Falcon the 2nd

Not expecting too much of NMRA since Bachmann already has a lot on their plate right now, but there are still a few things I anticipate so far.

HO Scale:
Stepney
Red Express Coaches reintroduction
Tar Tanker reintroduciton

N Scale:
Milk Tanker
Brake Van

Large Scale:
Red Coaches
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

RailwayRoundhouse

Hey guys, hope all is well. Here's my hopes for the next announcements.

HO/00 Scale:

Stepney the Bluebell Engine (Hoping for this one the most)
Reintroduced Tar Tanker
Reintroduced Red Express Coaches

Narrow Gauge:

Sir Handel

N Scale:
Scruffy
Brakevan

G Scale:

Red Branchline Coaches

Fingers crossed that at least one of the things listed gets announced when the time comes. :)

thesplendidredengine5

HO scale:
Stepney (with moving eyes)
Red express coach
Red express brake coach

Narrow Gauge:
Duncan
Sir Handel

N Scale:
Milk Tanker
S.C Ruffey

Large scale:
Red Coaches

Ã…ngloketThomas

H0 Scale:
Stepney
BoCo (mabye I'm not expecting to see BoCo tho really, but I whould really love if they released him at some point!)

Narrow Gauge:

Sir Handel
Duncan

Ronniethe14xxx

HO Scale

Stepney
Tar Tanker
Red Express Coacnes
Some sort of new variant of the wellwagon

Narrow Gauge

Sir Handle
Brown Brakevan
Green Coach

sean1994rail

2020 NMRA predictions

HO/OO
Stepney
Reintroduced Salty
Explosives Van
Toffee Tanker
Chocolate Syrup Tanker

HOn30/OO9
Sir Handel
Narrow Gauge Green Coach

N
Milk Tanker
S.C. Ruffey
Brake Van

Legomastr 365

Since this is a big year for Thomas, I do very much hope that Bachmann makes some more announcements at the NMRA in July. I would like to see:

HO Scale
Stepney
Red Express Coach
Red Express Brake Coach
Celebration Annie/Clarabel (To go with your Celebration Thomas, of course)

Narrow Gauge HOon30
Sir Handel
Flatbed/conflat

N Scale
Spiteful Brakevan

steakandcake

I don't have any actual predictions but I do have one request:

Please Bachmann give us an HO scale Explosives Van.

That is all.

Chaz

Before I make a "list" I plan on doing three in-depth posts on engine additions I want to see the most with the first being... a black James!

So why bring up another James recolor, especially after Busy Bee James just getting announced?  Seems a little redundant right?  Well part of that is tied with the lack of the black James to go alongside the LBSC Thomas this year thus making the LBSC Thomas on its own feel very incomplete since there's not much you can do with just the green Thomas to recreate scenes from the Adventure Begins.  Heck James was used in his black livery for almost the entire movie whereas Thomas was green for only the beginning of the movie.  So why not encourage Bachmann to introduce the black James so fans can fully recreate scenes from the movie, or possibly the whole thing?  Busy Bee James is fine on its own and I don't have an issue with it personally, but let's be real here, a black James would have been a lot more exciting than Busy Bee James and would have gone great with the LBSC Thomas.

So why else should the black James get introduced over another engine recolor like Sidney?  It's because fans have more fond memories and a connection with the black James and what it represents.  It not only represents a special that most fans (young and old) love and appreciate but it also represents a time period in Sodor's history.  It's pretty much no different than why the LBSC Thomas really has a lot of people excited too.  Even both the pink and red Rosie models are a good example of this as while they are the same character they both represent different time periods so fans have options if they wished and having a black James will offer the same thing.

Plus, with how James was introduced in the second book of the Railway Series and was painted black there too (the inspiration for the Adventure Begins livery) and he wasn't red until the third book.  Having a model of James would not only represent this time period of James in modern CGI special but also the original Railway Series when James was first introduced.  So really it's a win-win whether you prefer the original books or even the newer variant, I would argue for that reason alone that a black James would actually sell better than the Busy Bee James and maybe even the LBSC Thomas too.

So really there is more to it other than the fact that this is just a recolor.  It's something that represents a time period, a time period that a lot of fans love and even show a lot of respect for.  Any other engine recolor or variant would not work at this point in terms of sales.  However the black James will win several people over and will really win over fans on a nostalgic level thus giving Bachmann some incredible sales.  It might encourage even more sales for the LBSC Thomas too!

So closing thoughts... I think everything that needs to be said about the black James has been said, but if there is more you can think of feel free!  Either way, in terms of new HO engine recolors, I think Bachmann really needs to make the black James their top priority and any other engine recolors shouldn't even be considered at this time, but that's just me.  Anyways as usual, time to hear other thoughts:

1. Would you buy a black James?
2. Do you think a Black James should have been announced this year instead of the Busy Bee James?
3. How high of a priority do you think Bachmann should take the Black James?  

Hope everyone enjoys reading this post, and I hope Bachmann enjoys reading this too, and I hope you guys stick around as the next engine suggestion I plan on making will not make you feel a little "blue". ;)

PS apologies on the spacing between the RWS pic and the paragraph beneath it, can't seem to fix that...
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TerencetheTractor525

Really enjoyed reading your thoughts, as always, Chaz! As for my answers to your questions:

1. Yes, I would buy a Black James.
2. Yes. While I do not dislike the Busy Bee James, it is odd that the Busy Bee James of all things was announced for the 75th Anniversary, especially along with the LBSC Thomas.
3. As far as priority is concerned, even though I hope that Stepney will be the next HO engine announced, I do think that the Black James would be a fair second resort if Stepney does not work out due to the cost of a new tooling. As far as engine recolors are concerned, Black James would certainly be the best choice, as he and the LBSC Thomas go hand in hand. Ultimately, what would sadden me and multiple other Bachmann Thomas fans more is if next announced HO engine with a new tooling is not Stepney, given his popularity and multiple other factors that have been stated throughout the forum. To conclude, if another HO engine gets announced this July, as long as it is Stepney or the Black James, I'm happy.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

TrainFan97

To answer your questions, Chaz:

1. Yes, I certainly would buy Black James.
2. Yes, Black James should've been announced instead of Busy Bee James. If we keep up the demand for Black James, we should eventually get the model.
3. I think Black James should be prioritized, only second to Stepney. Bachmann shouldn't even consider any other engine recolors until we get our Black James. LBSC Thomas would feel incomplete without Black James.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Goosher

I agree.
Black James is far more important than the bee james.
Though Stepney is top of the board for everyone. Come on bachmann make us love you more :P