Bachmann Thomas & Friends July 2020 NMRA Predictions

Started by TerencetheTractor525, February 13, 2020, 12:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falcon the 2nd

1. Yes, I would also buy a Black James.
2. It's not to write off Busy Bee James as a model, but I don't see what stopped Bachmann from painting him completely black.
3. That particular variant of the character is heavily complementary to the existing LBSC Thomas, so the sooner they assess it, the better. Either once they're through with Stepney or if they cannot announce him.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Black James would be a huge hit. And if he had been released alongside LBSC Thomas I can guarantee that they would've been a 2-1 punch for most people, doubling sales for Bachmann because most people wouldn't buy one without the other.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

TrainCollector

Here's my wishlist

HO scale:
BoCo(with moving eyes) LONG SHOT
Black James(with moving eyes) Possibility
James Goes Buzz Buzz(with red nose and moving eyes) if we're thinking about the older fans here.
Exlposives Van
Toffee Tanker

HO narrow gauge:
Sir Handle

N gauge:
Gordon
Henry
Express Coach
Express Brake Coach

TrainFan97

I'd love for Bachmann to make BoCo in HO Scale, even though he is a long shot. The biggest requests for engines in HO Scale are now Stepney and Black James.

For HO Rolling Stock, the Red Express Coaches should make a comeback, and it would really be nice if the Explosives Van, Chocolate Syrup and Toffee Tankers eventually do get made in HO Scale, as they're still exclusive to Large Scale.

For Narrow Gauge Rolling Stock, we still need the Brown Brake Van for the freight trains. The Blue and Red Coaches both used different toolings, and if we eventually get the Green Narrow Gauge Coach, it would also require a completely new tooling.

Personally, for the next N Scale engine(s) after James, I'm vouching for Gordon and Henry, but other possibilities include Emily, or Toby.

For N Scale Rolling Stock, we definitely need the Milk Tanker. Other possibilities include S.C. Ruffey, Red Open Wagon, or Brake Van (possibly Spiteful Brake Van).

Once the Toy Fair comes next weekend, we can only hope at least some of the products announced at least year's NMRA made the display, especially Daisy and Peter Sam. If Peter Sam makes it, maybe Sir Handel could get announced at this year's NMRA.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Chaz

Thanks for the strong feedback for the Black James so far everyone!  Surprised how many responses I got in just under 24 hours of my post being up, wow!

The fact that everybody pretty much mutually agrees that black James should be the top recolor considered and even coming second priority behind Stepney in terms of what people want to see the most or even as a backup for Stepney really speaks high volume of how much people want a black James.  Same can also be said for how everyone also agrees that it would have made more sense over the Busy Bee James announcement this year too, but the fact that people still want black James in spite of the Busy Bee James announcement is very encouraging. 

Personally I feel the exact same way with Stepney being #1 in terms of future HO engines but black James comes at a very, very close second.  Either would make me happy but if Stepney can't be pulled off this year because of new tooling costs being an issue then there's no reason for Bachmann to not announce a black James next.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

thomasj219

My Hopes In A Long Overdue WishList

HO ENGINES

STEPNEY

ARTHUR

MURDOCH

FERGUS

STANLEY

HARVEY

BOCO (I Know)

BLACK JAMES

HO ROLLING STOCK

SHORT WHEELBASE OR 4 PLANK TRUCK

CHINA CLAY TRUCK

THE BREAKDOWN CRANE & WORKS UNIT COACH

STANDARD LOGOLESS TANKERS

OFF-RAIL

BULGY

TREVOR

GEORGE

CAROLINE

BULSTRODE

THE HORRID LORRIES

BUTCH

TIGER MOTH

THUMPER

ELIZABETH

I'd also like to take this moment to suggest something that I can't believe hasn't been suggested before.....

THE PACK

This line would have a lot of potential if done with moving parts. I expect you could do the whole pack within six years or so.

NARROW GAUGE

SIR-HANDEL

DUNCAN

DUKE (PLEASE)

NARROW GAUGE ROLLING STOCK

GREEN COACHES

BROWN BRAKE VAN AND TRUCK

BUILDINGS

WELLSWORTH STATION

FFARQUHAR

TIDMOUTH STATION

RETAINING WALLS

Various Colors & Sizes

THE WATERMILL

Season 2 Please

Classic Windmill

GOODS SHED

SKARLOEY SHEDS

FFARQUHAR SHEDS

SODOR SHIPPING CO. WAREHOUSE

HOPPERS

Single Or Double

SIGNAL BOXES

SIGNALS

Would be nice to have some. ;)

LARGE SCALE

I'm not a huge buyer of Large Scale, only because of budget. But I hope to have them all one day.

ENGINES

BILL & BEN

Long felt these two would be KILLER sellers in Large scale.

ROLLING STOCK

MAIL CARS

CHINA CLAY TRUCK

RED COACHES

BUILDINGS

KNAPFORD STATION

Two lines, buy one piece at a time. Connectable.

ENGINE SHED

WINDMILL

HOPPERS

Would be awesome in Large.

OFF RAIL

CRANKY

Now I know, "Large Scale Cranky?" But think how awesome it would be.

Sorry for the long post boys, but was inspired.   :D

Happy to still be here after all these years. Keep on track.  8)
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Cheeky_ULP

I'm more impressed you managed to bypass the thing on the forum that automatically resizes images.

Which please, don't do again.

thomasj219

Yeah I figured it would. Don't know how to do it myself.

And lol. Relax Sparks. Don't get too big for your buffers. Forgot why I don't post here more often.

I'm sure the admins will take care of it, if it really is that big of a deal.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: thomasj219 on February 14, 2020, 11:48:24 PM
Yeah I figured it would. Don't know how to do it myself.

And lol. Relax Sparks. Don't get too big for your buffers. Forgot why I don't post here more often.

I'm sure the admins will take care of it, if it really is that big of a deal.
I don't know about buffers, but that many images sure are too big for a single forum post, even on a desktop browser they're excessive.

thomasj219

Very true, don't know why it didn't resize. But seeing as I've only made about 14 posts in the past two years, and this is definitely going to be the only one like this, again. I think we'll live.

Maybe by the time I post the next one the forum will be on a system that was created in at least the last decade.  ::)

JLK2707

When was this announced? I just hope that they cancel the busy bee James and do the black James instead.
Quote from: thomasj219 on February 15, 2020, 12:38:37 AM
Very true, don't know why it didn't resize. But seeing as I've only made about 14 posts in the past two years, and this is definitely going to be the only one like this, again. I think we'll live.

Maybe by the time I post the next one the forum will be on a system that was created in at least the last decade.  ::)

TrainCollector

So now that James Goes Buzz Buzz is in the mix here. Who else would buy that?

Goosher

Oh my that's alot of pics lol.
I do agree with the Arthur and boco on a wishlist
And butch the brake down truck without face.

BUT Stepney is top of the list.

Crazy Thomas

My predictions:

HO Scale:
Stepney

Narrow Gauge:
Sir Handel

Angelob6660

The only James I would buy is black James, since I have the original James with gray wheels.

The only things on my wishlist are.
James' red express coaches
Sir Handle
Duncan
China Clay Works cars
Plain silver or black tank car
Plain brown mail car
Brown ventilation van

NG
truck
Maybe a flatcar or explosive van
Brown van
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden