Mavis

N Scale

Toby
Henrietta
Brake Van
Tar Tanker
Milk Tanker

thomasj219

I don't understand what my post has to do with yours, unless you're saying that no one commented on yours because of mine which is ridiculous. And that's the thing about wants, many of them are unrealistic.

But don't worry, now I'm sure now you can expect a flood of comments in response to your amazing list.

Oh, and no offense if you're reading this.  ::)
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

GordonPacific04

All I want are the old school mail cars and tar tankers. That's it.

Angelob6660

Quote from: AnAverageThomasFan on February 16, 2020, 09:21:14 PM
All I want are the old school mail cars and tar tankers. That's it.

I totally agree with that and the return of the old oil tank car also.

They are extremely rare to find. Remake them Bachmann.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Here's my ideal list for what I'd like to see from Bachmann in the future in all of their various lines. I'm guessing anything they have planned for July's NMRA has been green-lit already or is at least in the later stages of development/planning so I'm not sure how much our input matters for those particular announcements but clearly our feedback has an impact on their choices in the long-term so I want to make it super clear what I'd like to see personally in the future, even if we don't see that feedback considered until next year or beyond. These choices are fairly similar to others who have already shared their thoughts, but I figured I'd post them regardless.

HO
Stepney- An obvious choice. There's literally no reason for Bachmann NOT to make him at this point. He's a simple, small, 0-6-0 engine that would not require a complicated tooling or chassis and he is clearly the most highly-desired character at this point. The exorbitantly high prices of Hornby Stepney on eBay are a clear indicator of the demand for a HO scale rendition of this timeless character. Please, Bachmann, please! You answered our prayers for Oliver and the NG line, surely you can consider Stepney as well! The consumer is always right!!!

Ryan- Another no-brainer and a choice that I'm sure Mattel would support. Ryan's design is similar to Stepney in that he is a tank engine with a fairly simple mold design and wheel arrangement (I could easily see them re-using Duck or Rosie's wheels with new side rods and Gordon's tailing bogey for the chassis), plus his color is extremely unique, and given what we've seen with Busy Bee James, clearly the color of the models holds weight in Bachmann/Mattel's eyes. A purple engine would stand out tremendously well in the current line and I am sure we will see Ryan included into the range eventually.

Black James- I am incredibly disappointed in whichever Mattel executive presumably nixed Black James in favor for Busy Bee James (confession: I am still considering purchasing BBJ, because there is something oddly charming and alluring about the pure novelty of it :P ), because as I've said previously, had they released the LBSC Thomas AND Black James at the same time, Bachmann would have almost certainly doubled their profits as I cannot imagine there would have been many fans who would've bought one without the other. Hopefully Bachmann can address this lapse in judgement and push through what I am assuming was pushback from Mattel regarding the release of this rendition of James. However, I do have to concede that this option would be fairly odd to announce after the 75th anniversary given its commemorative nature, so here's hoping they see our pleas and green-light this simple recolor for the NMRA announcements.

Boco- We have seen that Bachmann is more than willing to consider long, double-bogied diesels for the Thomas range (see: Daisy), so I don't think that Boco is a completely unrealistic expectation. However, I have not seen nearly the same amount of fan support for him, and I think that his absence from the CGI series coupled with his similar size and shape to Daisy are all points against his favor. However, I would be surprised if support for Boco did not skyrocket following a presumed announcement of Stepney, given that he would be one of the few classic series characters still missing from the line at that point. This is one announcement that I don't think we will see anytime soon, but one that we should certainly keep in mind.

Of course, I'm sure we will see more recolored wagons. I'd love to see the CGI Troublesome Trucks given some love, preferably replacing the current Troublesome Truck #1 and#2. Red express coaches would be a personal wish, but I doubt that Bachmann is in any hurry to reintroduce them to be honest. As far as new tooling go, I would certainly like to see the China Clay wagons in HO scale. And as much as I hate to say it, I'm sure it is only a matter of time before we see Nia and Rebecca introduced into the line. Given that they have been fully integrated into the main cast it is almost odd that Bachmann has not been compelled by Mattel to produce them, and their absence from the HO line (at the least! N scale Nia and Rebecca, anyone?) is notable and will surely be addressed in the (near?) future.

Narrow Gauge
Sir Handel- Given that Peter Sam is the first engine in the line to not feature a red-orange color scheme, I think that Sir Handel would further provide a nice contrast to the red palette that has dominated the engines of the NG line. He's obviously inevitable, however, I don't think that we'll see him announced until next February at the earliest.

Brown Brakevan- I'm shocked that Bachmann didn't announce this alongside the red and blue vans, but it's obviously on the horizon and it's only a matter of time until we see this recolor added to line.

Aside from these two choices, I think Bachmann has covered their bases in NG for the most part. We will surely see Duncan at some point, and I would surprised if one of the CGI NG engines wasn't in the works for an eventual release, but honestly I can't say what they're going to do next with this line. Everyone seems content with what is on the horizon and there are no standout requests that I have seen, unlike HO scale where Stepney is clearly a standout choice.

Large Scale
Edward- I would love nothing more than to see Edward represented in the range. Given that Bachmann has shown revived interest in the LS line, I think that engines such as Edward are more likely now than before. However, I am still unsure if Bachmann would take a risk on a choice like Edward. He would need a completely new chassis, and given that every engine in the LS line is a different color, his blue might make him too similar to Thomas in the eyes of a casual consumer. The number of times I have heard Edward mistaken for Thomas despite their obvious differences are too many to count.

Henrietta- Toby's coach is conspicuously missing from the LS line, and I think Bachmann is missing out by not including her. Plus, the inclusion of a face would make her more desirable to consumers. A fairly simple tooling that should certainly be considered.

As for my thoughts on the LS range as a whole, I was speaking with Chaz a few days ago when he pointed out to me that Diesel's listed price was less than Thomas and Percy. This raises some red flags because Diesel's chassis is fairly complicated, and Chaz expressed his concern that Bachmann might take the easy way out and give Diesel a molded chassis/details in the same vein as the Lionel Diesel, in which case demand for him would plummet immensely. This theory is supported by the fact that he was discontinued and then reintroduced, which might be a sign that they originally planned to design a more accurate chassis and then determined that it would be more cost-effective to go the route of the molded chassis and details. I pray that Bachmann does not do this, as I fear that if they did it might be the final nail in the coffin for the Large Scale Thomas line. I personally think that would be upsetting, and as an owner of the LS James, I can say that the detail and accuracy of the LS models is unparalleled and for the line to be abandoned by Bachmann due to one poor business decision would be a real shame.

N Scale
Henry- We've seen that an N scale Henry is feasible given his appearance in the Tomix line, and I think that he would be a good choice for Bachmann to test the waters of producing larger engines for their line.

Toby- A simple tooling of a timeless character. An obvious choice if they wanted to play it safe while continuing to expand the range.

Henrietta- A no-brainer, one-two punch if they announced Toby.

N Scale Christmas set- I would go absolutely nuts for an N scale Thomas with a snowplough. Please, Bachmann. Please.

As for other N scale rolling stock, I'm sure we'll see the exact same rolling stock available in HO scaled down to N scale announced over time. I realized this when I saw that they opted to release the water tanker, an odd choice but one that makes sense when considered in terms of the other ranges. I'm eager to see where the N scale line goes, but for now I am reserving any true speculation as it is still so early on in the game and the line isn't even released yet.

So that's where I'm at currently with Bachmann's Thomas range as a whole. Again, like I said, these choices/predictions are not all necessarily ones that I am expecting to see in July, as I am guessing that anything Bachmann has planned is already locked in and our input is probably not going to be super influential at this point (barring a recolor like Black James which clearly has a huge amount of support behind it and one that Bachmann needs to seriously consider). I'd love to hear your thoughts on all of this, and of course I am happy to elaborate on any of my thoughts for anyone who might be curious! 
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow) on February 18, 2020, 10:10:26 AM
I'd love to see the CGI Troublesome Trucks given some love, preferably replacing the current Troublesome Truck #1 and#2.

And as much as I hate to say it, I'm sure it is only a matter of time before we see Nia and Rebecca introduced into the line. Given that they have been fully integrated into the main cast it is almost odd that Bachmann has not been compelled by Mattel to produce them, and their absence from the HO line (at the least! N scale Nia and Rebecca, anyone?) is notable and will surely be addressed in the (near?) future.
1: CGI series should never replace Model Series. Replacing Troublesome Truck #1 and #2 is a good way to lose money.

2: Oh God, please don't suggest that. We know that Bachmann's more than likely aware of everyone's disdain of those characters, thus why they haven't made them.

Quote from: thomasj219 on February 15, 2020, 11:51:52 PM
I don't understand what my post has to do with yours, unless you're saying that no one commented on yours because of mine which is ridiculous. And that's the thing about wants, many of them are unrealistic.

But don't worry, now I'm sure now you can expect a flood of comments in response to your amazing list.

Oh, and no offense if you're reading this.  ::)
Who ae you talking to? And why are you treating someone badly for no good reason? Clearly you mean to offend.

Ronniethe14xxx

Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on February 18, 2020, 07:44:59 PM
Quote from: Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow) on February 18, 2020, 10:10:26 AM
I'd love to see the CGI Troublesome Trucks given some love, preferably replacing the current Troublesome Truck #1 and#2.

And as much as I hate to say it, I'm sure it is only a matter of time before we see Nia and Rebecca introduced into the line. Given that they have been fully integrated into the main cast it is almost odd that Bachmann has not been compelled by Mattel to produce them, and their absence from the HO line (at the least! N scale Nia and Rebecca, anyone?) is notable and will surely be addressed in the (near?) future.
1: CGI series should never replace Model Series. Replacing Troublesome Truck #1 and #2 is a good way to lose money.

2: Oh God, please don't suggest that. We know that Bachmann's more than likely aware of everyone's disdain of those characters, thus why they haven't made them.

1. The faces on 1 and 2 are based on old promo art. They are outdated and should be replaced, preferably model series but cgi series faces will do.
2. Rebecca is actually alright, and they would be good additions to the range. However they aren't cost effective choices and shouldn't be added to the range anytime soon.

Chaz

Quote from: Ronniethe14xxx on February 18, 2020, 08:16:34 PM
2. Rebecca is actually alright, and they would be good additions to the range. However they aren't cost effective choices and shouldn't be added to the range anytime soon.

Considering that Jay (DecadesofSun) recently did a poll on Twitter asking fans for their preference on Bachmann Nia and/or Rebecca, a large majority expressed disinterest in both of them.

If that's not saying something about the fandom's dislike for these "characters" then I don't know what will.  The contrarian comments behind defending Bachmann making them doesn't really mean anything and isn't really going anywhere because there is more than enough evidence to support that they wouldn't be well received and wouldn't sell very well long term.  Even though the fandom has more of a "preference" to Rebecca over Nia, it wouldn't change the fact that the price for her in particular would be pretty expensive considering her size and not worth it in the long run.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TTL

I would however note that the second highest vote in that poll was in favor of Rebecca, now while personally I think there's certainly one or two characters that should be made for the main range well before, Rebecca wouldn't be horrible choice all considered.
Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

TrainFan97

Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on February 18, 2020, 07:44:59 PM
Quote from: thomasj219 on February 15, 2020, 11:51:52 PM

Oh, and no offense if you're reading this.  ::)
Who ae you talking to? And why are you treating someone badly for no good reason? Clearly you mean to offend.

He was talking to me. I originally reposted one of my posts from last page because of his extremely long list of photos, and I deleted my repost because I was worried about starting a flame war.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Angelob6660

I would be on the that poll about not getting both. I'm a model series modeler who doesn't go past season 4.
Don't get me wrong I liked the bantering around Cranky and Salty. I do like Rebecca but you could've given that cheery personality to any existing engine.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Chaz

Quote from: STL on February 18, 2020, 08:58:32 PM
I would however note that the second highest vote in that poll was in favor of Rebecca, now while personally I think there's certainly one or two characters that should be made for the main range well before, Rebecca wouldn't be horrible choice all considered.

The problem with Rebecca comes down to her size and how expensive she would be.  Bachmann hasn't announced a new tender engine tooling since Donald and Douglas, which was literally a decade ago and if Bachmann was willing to invest so much money on a character they would be more likely to go for Hiro because of at least Hiro has a very strong following that would likely make up for the high pricing for him, while Rebecca wouldn't.

I do agree that there are other characters that should be considered before Rebecca, but even if she (or Nia) gets considered at some point, I wouldn't want Bachmann to bother with them when there are far more feasible choices than those two like Stepney, Ryan, Hiro, and Black James.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Ronniethe14xxx

That's what I was trying to say. Rebecca is popular enough with a decent sized portion of the fandom, and is a main character she makes sense to be made. However a majority of the fandom doesn't like her. She still might sell well with like, at most half the  Bachmann fandom and some younger kids who's parents may have bought her. However this most likely wouldn't make up for the production cost. Nia would make more sense since she's smaller but she isn't as popular and would most likely sell worse. Even if Bachmann decides to bite the bullet, Stanley, Ryan, Stepney, and maybe BoCo, Sidney, and Phillip should come first. I like Rebecca as a character but there are so many better choices to come out before her that would sell better and be cheaper to produce. If we do get another tender engine though, which is unlikely, I'd much prefer Hiro.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

As much as I hate to say it, I can almost guarantee we will see a Rebecca model before we see Hiro. As little sense as that makes from a consumer standpoint, I'm sure Mattel will force Bachmann's hand eventually. And of course with that comes the fact that if Bachmann is made to expend their resources and time on two completely new models, one of which having an insanely complicated valve gear and odd shape overall and the other being a large tender engine, other announcements will be scarce for at least a year, maybe two. I mean, it took two years before we got any really good, new announcements after Bachmann announced Oliver and Skarloey. Wasn't it that one year we got the red coaches and the other Arry and Bert? If it were any other brand (looking at Lionel as an example) I wouldn't be as worried. But given the breadth and variety of the Bachmann range it is honestly only a matter of time before the two key missing steam team members are brought to the range. The fact that Red Rosie was such a priority also stands as proof of this.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Cheeky_ULP

If Bachmann plans on making a big engine in the foreseeable future, Hiro deserves the spot way more than Rebecca.

To keep it simple, I can't see her being confidently forced by Mattel when BWBA is failing to keep the brand afloat...