Bachmann Thomas & Friends July 2020 NMRA Predictions

Started by TerencetheTractor525, February 13, 2020, 12:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz

https://www.nmra.org/news/nmra-2020-convention-train-show-cancelled

Looks like the NMRA website just confirmed that their show this summer is cancelled due to the coronavirus.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Angelob6660

Quote from: Zekeism on April 08, 2020, 02:00:30 PM
Quote from: Angelob6660 on April 08, 2020, 11:24:58 AM
I thought about this recolor that may or may not work.

Or perhaps a simple repaint of their black wheels to red will work better.

Did the Thomas Team ever explain why they changed Bill & Ben's wheel to red?

No but I did this.
https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Bill_and_Ben/Behind_the_Scenes
They just said modifications on the locomotive.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

TrainFan97

That stinks, so no show or display this year.

Hopefully, we'll still get announcements regardless, and the NMRA catalog would have to be available online. This virus situation has been going on for a month now, and is likely going to continue wreaking havoc like this all summer long.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Chaz

JLK2707

TrainFan97

Seriously, what ISN'T cancelled this year because of the stupid virus?

We should still get announcements this summer regardless, or late spring, since there's no NMRA this year. They'd get posted out of the blue.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TTL

Well TrainWorld is doing their manufacture's livestream rn, as part of their York show replacement, where new announcements are being made, so keep your eyes out, Bachmann MAY have things to reveal, whether it's stock or release estimates, and whether its TTTE stuff, will remain to be seen.
Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

TTL

Well from what I've seen so far, they briefly showed off the upcoming N scale Thomas and Percy and mentioned that the range was coming, and briefly mentioned the narrow gauge range....das it. No big updates or announcements on what's coming or anything new. SO here's hoping they're saving that for the summer.
Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

Chaz

Well now that the show at York is coming on and we still have a virtual train show coming up in July in place of the NMRA, I figured I would share my thoughts for what I would like to see them announcing then if not for 2021 as a whole.

HO I think it's almost obvious:

Stepney is without a doubt the most popular request on the forums and various corners of the fandom. Everything that needed to be said about Stepney has been said before, and I feel that any other engine with a new tooling should be set as a much lower priority until Stepney is announced and released.  Bachmann did a great job listening to fans by announcing Daisy and announcing Stepney would only keep the flame of the fandom's spirits lit.

For an engine recolor though, I personally believe that there's no reason black James shouldn't be introduced next. To avoid repeating myself, see the post I made talking about why Black James should be the next recolor:

As for HO rolling stock, I think it's safe to say that the red express coaches would be the most well received new rolling stock announcements from Bachmann.  Especially how popular Gordon's coaches were once those were brought back.

The other piece of rolling stock tooling I would like to see them reuse in the future is the single vent van tooling (formerly used as the ice cream wagon).  The ice cream wagon has been discontinued this year and it makes sense for Bachmann to utilize this tooling in a way that might rack up some sales.  Something like another great western van, an explosives van, or even a possible candidate for Troublesome Truck #7 in 2022 (going by the 3 year pattern).  Either way I feel there's a lot Bachmann could do with this and I wouldn't even mind picking some up if they get creative with a design that doesn't look too colorful or gimmicky.

As for narrow gauge...

I think literally everyone in the Thomas fandom wants Sir Handel to be the next narrow gauge engine announced.  And given by how received Peter Sam's announcement was last year after how well Bachmann listened to the fans, Sir Handel would only keep the fans supporting the narrow gauge range even more.  See my post on Sir Handel for further details.

While I don't think we will get any further narrow gauge rolling stock announcements with a new tooling I could easily see the brown brake van finding its way into the range given that the tooling would literally match the blue and red ones perfectly and fans would like a brown brake van that would be suitable for the freight stock in their narrow gauge range.

I'll just quickly mention my thoughts for N scale and large scale ranges since I want this post mainly emphasize show the two ranges I'm most interested in seeing them work with.  I only expect to see them announce recolors or wagons and tankers next year for the N scale range since James and the other tankers are in production.  Maybe box vans or a brake van if we get lucky.  I don't see them announcing a new engine for N scale until 2022 (unless it's a simple engine like Toby).

As for large scale I still think Henrietta would be perfect since people have been requesting her for years and now that a recolor option for her (Hannah), it seems almost silly for Bachmann not to announce her.  If not Henrietta, then the red coaches are the safest plan B option since they are still very popular sellers in HO and would likely mirror those sales in large scale.  Either of these two options should honestly be considered before Bachmann considers another engine in the range after Diesel, in my opinion.

MrNormalDraws

Kemptown Branch

That's awesome! It's great to know that they think of us as much as they do the people who buy the normal product ranges.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

TrainFan97

So, we are still getting announcements after all, and they will be in mid July.

It might still be a while longer before we get Daisy's image.

DucktheGWREngine08

Hoping we get Sir Handel announced as well as some new narrow gauge rolling stock, also I see Ryan, Sonny, or Samson possibly happening, and maybe one or two older characters that would only get announced due to the anniversary, like Boco, Duke, Stepney, or Murdoch.

Large Scale Champion

Large Scale: We are super excited to be getting Diesel, just wish we could have so many more engines as 6 and Winston over about 12 years zzz but here goes...

Engines:
Duck: fantastic alongside Diesel would be a popular choice for customs, British outline locomotive.
Edward: a save choice to join James small enough to keep to the low radius curves of all existing engines.

Coaches: Red Coaches or the Old Coaches both useful and able to be hauled by James and Duck & Edward going forward.

Henrietta for Toby is so obvious.

Other Choices:

Toad: completes a GWR theme for both Thomas and custom builders in British outline.

Troublesome Van: just because... and Diesel would love??

Flat Wagon: always thought a series of these carrying other characters would be great, i.e: carrying Trevor, Bertie, Terence, the Dragon maybe even Harold! fun additions with value.

More Figures Please!
Edward or Duck Next & Please give James some coaches to pull he's getting cranky! P.S. Henrietta? Cattle Wagon or Mail Car for the wagons.

Spaceman224456

Yeah I think Stepney will probably be the next character due to his overwhelming popularity in the forums and in social media, so there's no doubt that Stepney will be the next HO model.

I hope they reintroduce salty back into the range. No particular reason I can think of yet but because if you have a dockside, it isn't complete without a sea-loving engine like salty.

And the recolor of James into his original livery would be great as well because we are already getting LBSC Thomas so it makes more sense to add one recolor that makes sense than having a recolor from a HIT Entertainment episode (I like the Busy Bee James, it's just that it should be released next year instead of this year).

For rolling stock, I don't know... ummm, a paint can flatbed reintroduction I guess because from what I've seen on eBay they go for over $200, so. Maybe old slow coach, but I'm getting into wishlist territory if I do see her being in the announcements. But for a realistic Guess a toffee tanker.

The narrow gauge engine prediction is the same as everyone else's Sir Handel is 100% guaranteed to happen.

That's all I can say for now.