News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-4-0 tender in Bachmann parts.

Started by Terry Toenges, February 13, 2020, 12:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

It wasn't unhooked so it's not hooked up wrong. It was working fine before I cut the plastic wood load off. I covered the hole where the wood is with tape and the sound is back for the most part. I'm only using my E-Z Command now so I can't change stuff like that.
I bought an MRC Prodigy Elite a couple of years ago but I have never used it. Just reading the directions makes it sound so complicated to use when the E-Z Command is so easy for my purposes. With that, I just have to push some buttons. With the MRC, I'll have to put my glasses to be able to see the readout on the handheld and to be able to read the buttons on it. So far, I've never needed to do anything I couldn't do with the E-Z.
I just feel intimidated by the MRC. I'll get around to it eventually. I might have to when I start programming the turnouts.
I have four sets of turnouts for changing from loop to loop. I have 4 HO DCC -  The Santa Fe F7A's I have  programmed as a consist, the F40PH, the 4-4-0, and the Thomas. For my On30 ones I have 2 Moguls, Heisler, and Porter. I have those programmed with same numbers as HO because I wouldn't run them at the same time I'm running HO. That leaves me enough addresses left on the E-Z if I do the turnouts in pairs.
I've been contemplating if I would ever have a situation where I would have to switch one of a pair and not the other but I have come up with one yet. Going from an inner loop to outer loop and also having a train on the middle loop, I'd have to stop the one on the middle loop or bring to a real slow crawl while I got the other one from one to another. That would get kind of tricky anyway.
I'm thinking about adding a spur coming off the inner loop so I would need an address for that.
Feel like a Mogul.

WoundedBear

Don't be afraid of your Prodigy unit Terry.

I have used an Advanced Squared unit for 10 years now. Simple as can be. Even had a couple friends toss their Digitrax setups for MRC.

Sid