2-6-6-2 DCC Automated Default Whistle and Bell Settings - Eliminate

Started by bbj3645, February 14, 2020, 02:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbj3645

Can anyone provide insight as to the method and/or CV(s) that require editing to eliminate the automated default whistle and bell settings. I want to execute the whistle and bell when I desire and not when the default settings say it should be executed.  I have scoured docs on both Soundtraxx and Bachmann FAQ's and forums, only to come up empty.  I did find all the default CV settings for this model but do not see a setting for the automated default.   Model is a C&O # 84801. 

Ton N

CV 198 DCC ,CV 197 DC

Bit 0: WHXNG, Automatic Grade Crossing Whistle Enable
0 = Effect disabled
1 = Effect enabled
Bit 1: WHSIG, Automatic Whistle Signal Enable
0 = Effect disabled
1 = Effect enabled
Bit 2: BELL, Automatic Bell Enable
0 = Effect disabled
1 = Effect enabled
Bit 3: BRK, Automatic Brake Squeal Enable
0 = Effect disabled
1 = Effect enabled
Bit 4: ABD, Automatic Steam Blow Down Enable (Steam)
0 = Effect disabled
1 = Effect enabled

Ton

Trainman203

I know how to change the cv's.  It's changing the bits that are a mystery.

Hunt

An aside for those interested, willing to make time and put forth the effort.

Caveat -  Reading comprehension and retention is required.

Not all DCC systems have the option to program a CV by its bits. Even those that do,  the preferred practice the majority of the time is to determine the CV value and use it.  That way you know what to expect when a value is entered into the CV.

SoundTraxx has one of the better CV Programming Tutorial repeated in each of its decoder User's Guide.

Example, Click Here for SoundTraxx Tsunami2 Digital Sound Decoder Steam User's Guide. The CV Programming Tutorial starts on page 11

The SoundTraxx decoder Technical Reference contains the CV description and its Bit information.