News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-4-0 sound decoder in item No. 80130

Started by lovin it, February 21, 2020, 02:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovin it

I know that this engine has a Tsunami but I don't know which one. I am trying to create an entry in JMRI 4.18 and when it reads the decoder it brings up all of the soundtraxx decoders and I don't know which one I should select.

Also, how do you do a hard reset?

Thanks

Ton N

rich1998

I bought that loco some years ago. I did a reset that way but re-cycled the track power. It worked fine on address three then.
I opened the tender and saw a factory plug in PC board decoder. I cut the caps on the other PC board and left the two inductors in place. The decoder does not have all the CV's my stock SoundTraxx decoders have but is ok.
Very nice loco.
I might give it to nephew along with NCE Power Cab if his son can understand DCC. His son recently bought a Bachmann set.
The 0-27 stuff I gave him is a pain. The pins keep falling out of the old track when he tries to set it up.

Rich

bapguy

Scroll down the list of Tsunami decoders. There should be a Tsunami Steam Bachmann Sound Value list with all the locos listed. Remember to cycle the power off after re-setting the decoder. After a few seconds, the headlight should flash around 16 times to show re-set took place.   Joe

rich1998

Yes, I forgot that part. Been many years.

Rich