News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachman old 4-4-0 union pacific 119

Started by doug hayden, February 19, 2020, 09:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug hayden

hello does anyone know where I con buy some old parts? drawbar driveshaft ect...?

Hunt

rich1998

Welcome.

Also, go to the Parts page and click on HO 4-4-0 American and look for the parts you want to order. They have parts for the older American.

Rich

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

Here's a possibility for you if you want to go that route and try to get one of the cheap ones for parts.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/19128/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=bachmann+4-4-0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15
Feel like a Mogul.

rich1998

I just checked Shapeways. They have replacement drive shafts for the 4-4-0. No idea on the length.
They wave many other parts for Bachmann steamers.
I found their site a few years ago.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace/miniatures/trains?type=product&q=drive+shaft

Rich

Terry Toenges

I hate to be a  Debbie Downer but those Shapeways drive shafts for Bachmann 4-4-0 are for N scale..
Feel like a Mogul.

rich1998

I thought they looked short but the place might be worth asking. I see the occasional question here and a couple other forums. They might start making them. They make quite a lot for Bachmann. I have been through the complete parts list a few times about two years ago. Stuff for older HO c racked 4-8-4 drive shafts as an example.

Rich

Terry Toenges

If you wanted to try to make a drawbar, here are some specs (as best as I could get them with my digital caliper). A solid piece of plastic and drill a couple of appropriate holes and cut it down to size.
Feel like a Mogul.

rich1998

Your in luck mu Man. I found my old 119. I have the drive shaft. It has two pins on each end. about 1.1230 " long right out of my Bachmann119. Looks like the one on the PDF. No photo. Sorry.
I cannot figure out how to remove the drabar from the loco. The tender, not problem.
PM me your address. I can send the drive shaft free. Eyes and sometimes tremors in hands have prevented modeling the pats ten years. Giving things away to local friends.

I have another drive shaft with splines on the ends. Different. No pins.

Rich

rich1998

I was going to PM you with the photo. I do not have a photo hosting site but you are gone. Trying not to lose the drive shaft.

Rich

Terry Toenges

The draw bar on mine was screwed onto the loco with the little screw.
Feel like a Mogul.

rich1998

Not on mine. I just looked with an Optivisor. It is attached with a rivet to the plastic bottom of the loco  A screw to the tender.

Rich

rich1998

I will see if I can remove the plastic bottom. I cannot run the loco anyway.
I Have a Dremel with proper bits but cannot hold it steady. Those days are gone. I could have grinded the peened over part of the rivet off.

Rich