Large Scale Thomas (New Thread)

Started by Falcon the 2nd, February 15, 2020, 10:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falcon the 2nd

In light of Diesel being brought back into the Large Scale side of the Thomas range, I thought I'd begin a new thread about Large Scale after many months of inactivity for the old one.

Please note that this thread is for Large Scale Thomas only! Any other topics should be handled in other threads.

Similar to the last thread, questions will kick off this one:
-What are your thoughts on Diesel's re-confirmation in the line?
-Have you begun a Large Scale collection or are considering beginning? If so, what items do you own or want to own?
-What new Large Scale products would you want to see made in the future?
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

Chaz

I'm glad that Diesel is making a comeback to the large scale line, even though I personally would have preferred to see Mavis be introduced instead of bringing Diesel back, I still think bringing Diesel back was a safe move on Bachmann's part considering the backlash behind him getting cancelled.  As I said earlier though the only thing that does concern me is how much cheaper Diesel is compared to the other engines in the range.  Normally, I would be happy a model is a lot cheaper (considering Mattel's marketing antics), it does make me wonder if they are going to take the simple route with Diesel and give him molded details and a more basic chassis than the HO model like what Lionel and Hornby did.  Guess we will have to wait and see once the model itself is finished.

I would like to get into large scale eventually but I don't have the funds or space at this time.  I would definitely buy Thomas Percy James and Toby and possibly Diesel but no more than that engine wise as well as some of the rolling stock choices.  Besides Mavis, I would really like to see the large scale range expand their lineup of coaches by introducing the red coaches and Henrietta.  I hope they will get around to them someday but if not fans might need to make their own at this point but I would love to be proven wrong.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

lofat

I don't know what "cheap" is, but the street selling price of the Thpmas stuff (and many other Bachmann Large Scale items) has been about half of what I find on their website anyways. Maybe it's just a more accurate price.

I own everything except Winston, and I've  installed DCC decoders in them. It is interesting, the DCC decoder has sounds for several other characters (Henry, Gordon, Edward) But not Diesel. So they must not have specified him when they were commissioning that project :)