News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

F7B body switch

Started by Terry Toenges, January 21, 2020, 05:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

Does anyone know if a Tyco F7B body will fit on a newer Bachmann F7B chassis?
I have an old Tyco Warbonnet F7B unit that is missing a truck. Bachmann doesn't make the Warbonnets anymore and I don't know if they even made a B unit in that scheme. I haven't seen one in all my searching around.
The old Tyco one has horn hook couplers too. I thought if I could get a Bachmann F7B in a different road name and switch bodies, that would be perfect. I don't need a powered one but all I see are powered Bachmann F7B's.
The paint schemes aren't an exact match to my Bachmann F7A's but it won't be that noticeable. The Tyco stripes are "even width" black, yellow and red. The Bachmann stripes are thin black, wider yellow and even wider red.
Feel like a Mogul.

bapguy

I would say no. Bachmann F bodies have 4 posts on the body that fit into holes on the frame and are secured by screws.    Joe

Terry Toenges

I regret to inform you that Johnny Cash has given his life so that Santa Fe might live. That is to say that my Bachmann J. C. F7A chassis is now under my Tyco Santa Fe F7B body.
I already had the JC one so, with a little work, I made it fit. I had grind about 1/8" off the JC chassis so it would work. I removed the motor and worm gears and wiring. I had to file the area under the doors on each end so that the coupler boxes would fit under there. I see in the pic it look like one of the couplers boxes dropped down when I was putting the body on. I might have to do a little more filing.
The posts inside the Bachmann body didn't have anything to do with putting the Tyco body on the chassis.
It's not a perfect match but it's close enough since Bachmann doesn't have a Santa Fe "B"

Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

I'm working on a SUD now. Sports Utility Diesel. I had this extra F7 body and I had a F40PH chassis. The chassis was left from when I got a DCC and this was just DC. No sense letting it go to waste since the other F40PH body wouldn't fit on it. It kind of like a "Big Foot" diesel. I think maybe I'll paint it and put some chairs on the back porch. Maybe an awning. Perhaps a ladder and deck on top for sun bathing. I might get a fishing boat to put on a flat and tow it behind. ;D

Feel like a Mogul.