News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Niagara 4-8-4

Started by lukejr77, February 27, 2020, 11:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukejr77

hello every one im new and looking for some help with a steam engine i just picked up.

does any one know if any part of the newer Niagara fit the old one the driver wheel of my engine separated and
i was wondering if the newer driver would work in the old engine?

thanks  

jonathan

No.

You have an old locomotive. New parts are not interchangeable. Not much can be done for it I'm afraid.  Perhaps some 5-minute epoxy might hold the wheels together.

Regards,

Jonathan

Trainman203

Beware O beware of the "used" locomotive...

lukejr77

Found someone that 3D prints the center parts that broke so i ordered a set and hopefully they will work. ill try to remember to post if they work or not.

Trainman203

Buy a second old locomotive  for parts.  That's how it works these days.

O how I long for the days of yore when all things model railroad and their parts were available forevermore.  And repairs were easy.

lukejr77

Quote from: Trainman203 on March 03, 2020, 04:22:39 PM

O how I long for the days of yore when all things model railroad and their parts were available forevermore.  And repairs were easy.

if i get another old one i would be in the same boat, they are notorious for the plastic centers on the drive axles.
the 3D printed parts are made of better material and it cost less than $15 shipped. 

rich1998

Quote from: lukejr77 on March 04, 2020, 12:17:35 AM

if i get another old one i would be in the same boat, they are notorious for the plastic centers on the drive axles.
the 3D printed parts are made of better material and it cost less than $15 shipped. 

Is that Shapeways? I was going to suggest them.

Rich

lukejr77

Quote from: rich1998 on March 04, 2020, 12:10:22 PM
Quote from: lukejr77 on March 04, 2020, 12:17:35 AM

Is that Shapeways? I was going to suggest them.

Rich

yes, going to give them a try